2021 season thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 11, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Saban will be 70 this month. There comes a time that all men must hang it up, and I don't think he will stay as long as Bowden and Paterno did, just coaches in name only.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll have to lose 3 in a year for me to believe it. I don't think he's close to it but he looks more and more annoyed, even when winning

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t see it being any more than a 10% chance but imagine if Leach beat him this weekend. That might break him and make him wanna hang it up because they’d inevitably lose a third.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He won't be a figurehead

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I kind of feel bad for Leach, I think Saban tried to legitimately bury MSU this weekend.

6. HCKevinSteele

Im sure you’re right, in prior years I’d say to expect a 50-3 ish beat down. But MSU has a serviceable defense and that Bama defense hasn’t been lighting the world on fire. Could be a game.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This Bama team doesn't have the same mental strength as teams of past. Saban's been screaming it all year, and he's right.

Memtownvol, justingroves and lylsmorr like this.
  8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

[uck fay] bammer. Don't care who is the coach.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh yes, that goes without saying

Poppa T likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he gets another mentally weak team, that will drive him to quit quicker than anything else

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am salivating at the day when Saban is no longer at Bammer and they have to live without their greatest coach. It will make the 1980s seem like a Golden Age for them.

12. HCKevinSteele

It’s going to be so incredible watching the meltdown when their fan base and alumni base lose like 90% of their self worth.

justingroves likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They'll cheat and get caught again

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I will be disappointed if we don’t beat him once there. Same as I would have had we not gotten Spurrier in Gainesville that last shot.

warhammer and Memtownvol like this.
  15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

This is it, usually there's a badass enforcer that sets the tone, whether its a Rolando McLain, Derrick Henry, Quinnen Williams. Where is the nasty on this team? Metchie? They still have freaks all over but I'm not seeing the nasty in this Bama squad that I've come to expect. Bryce Young seems Charmin soft, and the team seems to take on his persona more than anything else.

justingroves likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You're right, Hightower and Ingram were legit badasses that helped kickstart Saban's dynasty and there were always a few waiting in the wings. A millionaire California kid just isn't it

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think all of the staff turnover is finally starting to catch up.

They’re still the top but the gap has narrowed a bit

Joseph Brant and justingroves like this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Wanna kick the shit out of them before he goes. I'll go red as the day is long.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Give me Cooper, Cade, Simmons, Theo, Kingston Harris, K'Rojhn back plus Tiyon and Hooker at 100% and I think we ream Kentucky.

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Kentucky has played one game all season (LSU) where they haven’t just uglied it up and hoped the other team would make key mistakes. They’re pretty good at uglying it up, but I think if we can jump out ahead early, they’re going to have a hard time catching up.