21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good for him.

Poppa T likes this.
  3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Maybe that’ll put to rest any people talking about convincing kids to return with a major NIL packages.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

it was a no brainer even if not as much money. I read people saying FT's were why he dropped. Ridiculous. Those are fixable. Release is fixable. Height and 165 lbs isn't. Well weight yes but height no and his frame won't allow for him to get too big and strong. So go get paid while getting coaching all day, and not have to go to class or have restricted hours of coaching to improve passing, finishing, shooting, etc.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

To be fair, this sort of thing isn't the norm for a second round pick.

6. KyleAlexanderfan

Either way, sounds like we probably couldn’t get him more than $1 mill to stay an additional year and that would be pushing it if Nico’s 4 year numbers are right.

7. Ssmiff

Watching SEC champ game. Vescovi is up there with Lofton, Houston, and a couple more as my all time favorite players in the last 30 years.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I like Lofton Slay and Grant Williams way better.

Heck I like JJJ better.

9. Ssmiff

Like them too. Santi movement without the ball is the best UT has ever had. sneaky help d . Rebounds great, throws daggers and money from the line when it counts.

10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Don’t lie. You just think he’s good looking.

11. Ssmiff

he ain’t bad. Needs teeth whitener though

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those are blood stains from all that wrist biting

SetVol13 likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I like the relationship that JJJ and Barnes appear to have (from what I've seen in interviews and on Twitter, which, admittedly, is limited). It seems like the type of relationship/mentorship that college sports is meant to foster

14. KyleAlexanderfan

15. KyleAlexanderfan

This guy is still mad in the replies.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The guy is an absolute clown. He thinks he is entitled to a lordship of 4 seats in Neyland Stadium and unironically acts like the Tennessee state government has violated his freedoms by denying him his feudal rights.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And, cut by the Grizzlies yesterday.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He did get paid. Been fun to have had him on the roster this year.

19. Ssmiff

Portal looking difficult for us. Imo, part of it is guys want to go somewhere and score some points versus having to earn PT on defense. It’s is what it is. Also culture fit. We don’t run the program like Oats and Arky do. Gonna take a kid who loves defense and also can fill it up to realize only thing holding the offense back are dudes who can drive and shoot and know he’s going to be in the tourney with UT.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Would have been a very good team with him.