21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Cocks looking even worse in 2nd half.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

9-21 on free throws. I just don't understand.

3. Unimane

Better play in the second half, but nothing seems fluid on offense yet. Lots of scrappy baskets this half, which is good. However, I still don't feel the offense, yet.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Powell 15 minutes 0 shots

5. Unimane

I don't think I've ever seen a game where both teams shot in the 40s from the free throw line.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

20 point win seems pretty good. Or did it need to be 40 for us to be good?

7. KyleAlexanderfan

I said you were right, we're good.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I assumed it was sarcasm. And I can’t tell if this post is sarcasm as well.

We’re fine.

9. Unimane

The win is good, obviously, but they quality of play was just alright. The defense was good, but South Carolina was awful, too. The last 10 minutes, roughly, of the 2nd half was more hopeful, finally, on the offense. Shooting is still a concern, big time. That sort of play is nowhere near a 20 point win against the better teams of this league.

We've got to find some kind of identity and flow on offense. I see Barnes searching for the formula, putting out various lineups on the court at all times.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

The issue isn't defense. We didn't really answer anything about our offense tonight but got a comfortable win at home due to a good defensive bounce back and an inept USCjr offense. It was good to see some 3's finally falling in the 2nd half.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

If Wheeler is still out Saturday we may still have a shot. I doubt it but who knows. Toppin/Brooks/Tshiebwe will be going in dry.

TAMU is looking much improved. Glad we have them at home.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Said it to my buddy the other night, and I’ll say it again. Texas Tech loss just keeps looking better and better.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, the offense needs to figure it out. There are going to be games where we just don’t have it and we look like we did against LSU. Our best bet is to just limit these sorts of games as much as we can.

14. Unimane

Bad shooting nights happen. I'm far more interested in the quality rather than simply the numbers. Game results can be misleading. The quality I see on offense is not good and it's a pattern, at this point. We need to settle on a rotation. Powell needs to figure out just what the hell is going on in his head and hunt his shot. JJJ will be fine, I think, for what he can do for this team. Olivier will be hot and cold forever. And, to be honest, Uros isn't doing badly, but, if we are relying on him for 20 minutes a game, then we're in trouble. He's a guy clearly meant for spot minutes.

I'm very interested in the game in Rupp. I get the sense we'll play better.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

I think we should've taken Dylan Cardwell when he wanted to commit. 4 year guy but physical af and athletic.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You still haven’t. SC shot in the 30s

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So fire Barnes today or no? Need to keep everything straight.

18. Unimane

Who wanted to fire Barnes?

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

After Saturday it seemed like 95% of the fan base.

Indy likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The perception of the season for the Vols seems to be largely based on how they do against Kentucky. The season is not a failure if we beat Kentucky a couple of times, to most.

But I am most interested in tournament performance.