22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That’s a threat to anybody any day.

If we’re more of a threat to a top three team in the regular season than to a double-digit seed on the first Saturday of March Madness…well, it’s still made basketball more fun than the vast majority of the last four decades.

justingroves and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

5 straight against Top 10 teams.

justingroves and yont sum iss? like this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He’s the best head basketball coach we’ve had in my lifetime. At worst you are going to have a wire-to-wire top 25 team that is bounced in the 2nd round of the NCAAs. I can live with Rick Barnes guiding this basketball program

justingroves likes this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Exactly. There have been many seasons where there were games that were just automatic Ls and that hasn't been the case in 5 years now.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Like I hate the fact we do not consistently go deeper in March, but I also remember the days when Tennessee being a basketball program that was guaranteed to be a top 4 seed in the NCAA tourney every year was a fantasy. Ridiculous, over zealous expectations about championships are reserved for football

justingroves likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Gonzaga doesn’t count but would be 6 straight vs top 10. That’s kinda crazy.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah as a kid I would think about what it would be like to win the NIT.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Worst by them since 2014

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Just making the NCAA tournament was a damn big deal when I was growing up. I remember how envious I was of “cool” basketball schools that were perennial fixtures in the Dance. Now we are one of those perennial NCAA tournament fixtures for as long as Rick Barnes still wants to coach, feels good

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

This seems like a cool stat

IP and Tar Volon like this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Vescovi is such a good rebounding guard

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

So what does it take to sustain the level of focus in the Bahamas through the season and postseason? Seems like these vols peak in late January or February most Barnes years.

Tar Volon likes this.
  13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Deeper rotation. I think some of those teams were wore out by March. Unleash the athletes like Phillips and Mashack.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I really don't think the losses in March have been a bout a lack of "focus." I would say poor shooting, game management, and maybe lack of a killer instinct have all contributed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Tar Volon likes this.
  15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah, I mean we were at peak in early March last year.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We won the SEC tournament. Just didn’t make any open shots in that Michigan game.

17. Ssmiff

And lefty big man who hits a 3 every 3 games hits more than our 2/18 squad. Barnes truly may be jinxed with the stuff that’s happened. Purdue. Nun. Beavers.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Some of the stuff really does just make you shake your head

justingroves likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess I don't really believe in jinxes.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Pretty good read.

SetVol13 and IP like this.