22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

On the Orlando Magic broadcast tonight, they reported Paolo Banchero and Jabari Smith were tight with Kennedy and probably would've all three signed with Tennessee had Covid not forced them to cancel their visits to Knoxville. Smith confirmed. Sigh.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Cool story bros. They got paid handsomely to go elsewhere.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The worries about interior presence are much Aidoo about nothing.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Aidoo is not a banger and played 10 minutes tonight, scoring 3 points. I like him, but we got nothing inside tonight and aren't particularly physical. I'll believe in Aidoo when he ever shows more than spot duty.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

IMO this is a Barnes issue and not an Aidoo issue. The kid just needs minutes.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Aidoo doesn’t have a post game either

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Uros is the answer we know.

8. Ssmiff

Are you going to be an emotional little girl again this year or do you have the ability to discuss player assets. NM. Rhetorical.
    Uros is not the answer for an inside game. Neither is Aidoo,

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That escalated.

10. Ssmiff

He was trying to take a shot. I didn’t say Uros was the answer. But if anybody thinks Aidoo has a post game and is the answer to our needs down low, they are mistaken. What Aidoo will do is stretch the floor, spread it and allow more room for others to drive.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I would definitely start pulling those chips off of Uros too, if I were you. But I will keep mine on Aidoo. He needs some time though. If he gets minutes now, he will be a presence by January.

I feel like one of us is bringing more emotion to this than the other, lol. Not that there is anything wrong with emotion.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

13. JohnnyQuickkick

Aidoo’s presence will be more defensively than offensively

Nkamouah was coming around last season before he got injured. He needs some game minutes. He will never be Grant Williams but I expect he’ll be better than he was last night.

Uros is what he is. He’s got some touch around the basket and can contribute against the right matchup

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

dang

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think that as of now this is right. However, he is a guy who has good hands and a feel for offense and can improve drastically. I think he will be a first round draft pick either in 23 or 24.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I do appreciate him casually bombing 3s

17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

We should get Pember to grad transfer back in if he’s put on some weight.

18. Ssmiff

I never said Uros was the answer, as your post indicated. That was your emotional reactionary response to me talking about Aidoo having limited post game. He’s a bigger threat from 3 than feeding him in the post. If he can hit one a game from there, play him more. I don’t care. But he has to set better picks. We score a lot of points off Uros picks, including layups as he clears the middle when we push early

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I was just poking at your Uros takes in the Gonzaga thread. I'm honestly not mad. Let's be friends. And may the best big man win.

20. Ssmiff

He played well that game. Awful last night and he was pulled a couple times. I didn’t think you were mad. There’s just more to it than a mishandle pass or missed hook. ZZ, Key and Santi need good strong high picks and curling off from the baseline. I don’t think Aidoo is as comfortable setting them, and catching, look to pass to cutters then hand off and set another pick. But they can’t leave Aidoo from 3 or elbow. They can Uros and it clogs up the lane. 2 different players who can help in different ways.