22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seeding is always flawed. Have to just play the games and ignore the number. How do you seed St. Peters? How do you seed Chicago-Loyola? It just happens.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah but I was in the building in Birmingham and saw that Butler team with my eyes. They absolutely crushed a good South Alabama team in the first round. They were criminally underseeded. Same with that UT team having to face Louisville in the 16. I think it’s fair to say “do better” sometimes.

A-Smith likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Vols #4 AP

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That should give the team some juice

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

need it. Much of the team has been and is currently under the weather. If it’s what my whole family had, it sucks.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Things are so much better when your college team(s) don't suck.

VOLinDAWGland, CitrusCo.Vol and IP like this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wasn't expecting the 5 spot jump for sure.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Football, men's basketball, and baseball all inside the top 6

Poppa T likes this.
  9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Glory days

IP likes this.
  10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's not yet the late 90s, but we're getting closer.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Two of the three are exceeding the 90's already. The 90's will be old timer nonsense if the football team wins a natty. It'll be all about the 2020's.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Sounds like some guys are still sick. Won’t be surprised to see one or more out again Wednesday. Barnes said Vescovi was sick for the LSU game. Plus his injury.

Georgia has one of if not the best backcourt in the SEC. Extremely athletic and big time scorers. Roberts has been huge for them. And we all saw what Oquendo did to Vescovi last year.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Pruitt did say after the Gator Bowl win that the 2020s would be the decade of the Vols. Who knew he’d turn out to be right? He never said he’d have anything to do with it.

CardinalVol likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The baseball and basketball tallies are still relatively the same, but I much prefer the current coaches of the Vols over Green and Delmonico. Barnes is, obviously, a better coach than Green, but the actual hardware isn't too far off (4 NCAA wins to 3). Tony V, likely, blows past Delmonico, but it's still early for him. Heupel looks like the real deal. So, in the major sports, I'd take the current guys over the 1990s versions.

The one trump card the 90s has is Summitt. I know it's not one of the Big 3 sports, but she transcended a lot of that and there's absolutely no one on The Hill like her in any sport, nor is it reasonable to expect so.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Barnes also has an SEC tournament. I’m just not going to live in a world in which I don’t rate Barnes’ program light years ahead of Green’s.

VOLinDAWGland, LawVol16 and IP like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Green never won an SEC tournament. Delmonico never had a season like Tony V has twice. He did finish 4th in the College World Series vs 7th, but all things considered Tony's gotten to a similar peak (SEC champs, SEC tournament champs, CWS).

Face it old man, this is the dawning of the new golden age.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think pretending like Green had a run equal to Barnes' is preposterous. I have my Barnes gripes but he is only 1 Elite 8 away from being the best we've ever had.

18. CardinalVol

I’ll guarantee you that if UNCs best (only) player fouls out with 4 to go that Barnes will know it.

Tar Volon likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

I’ll also guarantee Tony V won’t schedule Tennessee temple 23 times a season and get mad when they do t make a regional.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

At this point, Green accomplished more than Barnes has because an outright SEC regular season championship > an SEC tournament championship. They both also tied for a regular season championship and they both made one Sweet 16.