22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sounds right. It’s the filler between football season ending a baseball starting.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, in that case, good thing we have a basketball team now that we finally got a football team.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just remembered we lost basically our defensive coordinator guru.

4. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's just representative of how bad this loss is.

There are a number of things from today which can be fixed, but there are a couple of really big concerns I don't know how they can be fixed. We have nothing happening inside, absolutely nothing. Plavsic went down, then they tore us apart down low and Uros isn't exactly us msissing Patrick Ewing. Nkamhoua is entirely too soft and this isn't changing. Also, we lack lateral quickness and got beat on straight line drives to the basket time and time again. Some of this was due to effort, but we also get beat off the dribble regularly and end up chasing time and time again. A big issue on offense is we don't have someone who can get their own shot when needed. Maybe this is Phillips. Unfortunately, that's down the road, if he's even the guy for this.

I keep hearing about how great this team can be, but I'm not sure I see where it's coming from this year. Barnes has his work cut out for him and I continue to maintain we will miss Chandler immensely this year. Not getting deeper in the tournament with him last year was a huge missed opportunity.

6. Ssmiff

Yeah it will be interesting. Offense moves better too coming off Uros picks as I’ve mentioned when people want to see him on the bench. Pooor Spacing wears me out. We need to get the ball to players and clear out instead of bringing another defender near the ball.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Undeniably, the wheels came off while Uros was out.

8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

From my untrained eye it sure seemed that way.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

IP likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

“Barnes won’t take accountability..”

“Tad did a better job getting his team ready than I did”- Rick Barnes after Colorado game.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I don’t know whether to take Barnes or Turners side. Still don’t like the way Lamonte quit. Telling everyone on the radio before telling Barnes or the team.

12. Ssmiff

I like truth. Wherever it comes from. If feelings get hurt, so be it. Barnes says nothing about himself and he’s not accountable. He says the other coach prepped his team better and now it’s coachspeak. I don’t want fluff thrown at me after I watch a game like that. Everybody knows we played and coached poorly and shouldn’t be a problem discussing it really. People are so soft and worry about hurt feelings. If everybody sees a player having a bad game, what is the big deal talking about it.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I ride with Lamonte…

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The ZZ comment was bad form. Telling the media you are benching someone an hour after the game when your L is being scrutinized is a way of publicly shifting responsibility.

He did something similar to Fulky last year: IIRC he publicly criticized Lamonte’s play even though he knew he was playing through an injury and a lot of pain. Lots of great things about Barnes but he sometimes lets his emotions get the better of him and doesn’t always have his players backs.

15. Ssmiff

Fla already with a bad L. Tcu goes down to NW St or somebody. Could be a crazy year.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Apparently, there’s a basketball game tonight. This shit was dropped like a bad habit by 95% of Knoxville as soon as we started winning in football.

17. Ssmiff

Oliviers hands are stone

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Mashack just went Abednego on them

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bit of a Josh Richardson vibe from May Shack

A-Smith likes this.
  20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member