22 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by CardinalVol, Jan 31, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nolan reminds me a whole lot of Henderson. When he wants to, will absolutely take over a game.

Needs to get in game shape.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Also, we need to go ahead and get Nolan's brother, now. Freshman and their starting right tackle. He's also a beast.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

As long as we have Garner, I have zero concerns about getting and developing DL talent. I remember Garner leaving in the late 90s and wonder why in the hell we didn't pull out all the stops to keep him.

PilotFlyingJ and Memtownvol like this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I can't remember if I've covered it here before but Garner felt burned by Fulmer regarding something away from football that could have easily been taken care of. It's not coincidence that Garner returns when Fulmer no longer has any involvement in anything.

justingroves likes this.
  5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Powell’s defense was terrible so it’s not surprising how gassed Nolen got.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Talk right now of expanding the 25 rule to 32 for one year. This would be huge for us.

IP likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have enough interested to even fill the 25 number this year?

chavisut likes this.
  8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I’m becoming very worried about recruiting under this head coach. It seems stale outside of the Nolan potential.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think there’s a lot of things working against it right now

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yes on the field and some peer recruiting is needed. They are having to build relationships from scratch with players and HS coaches amongst rival coaches who have had those relationships for years, as those same coaches tell recruits the ncaa will hammer us

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We're about to see how stout our AD hire is.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The NCAA investigation isn't helping

chavisut and lylsmorr like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This isn't an all star recruiting staff, Garner being the exception. I do know how hard Heupel is working to get back in some high schools Pruitt didn't pay attention to here in state. That will pay off, just not immediately.

The best thing for recruiting would be for Heupel to be good enough to stay here awhile.

Memtownvol and lylsmorr like this.
  14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Lot of things working against him at the moment

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Quite simply, the kids we're recruiting haven't been alive long enough to see us be truly relevant. The last SECCG was 14 years ago. That's why the last hire was so crucial. After 17 Tennessee couldn't rely on the brand to get kids in.

EDIT: That's why they have to sell a fun atmosphere. If we put up points the next month and a half, even if we go 1-4 for our next 5, we'll start to get interest. But we really needed to take advantage of that fast start vs Pitt and run them out of the stadium. If we had done that I think the momentum would have built up for this class, and regardless of what happened the next couple of weeks, we'd be in good shape.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Need to hit the transfer portal again hard for 10-15 guys. Need several impact offensive linemen and then some safety and db help again.

It’s too bad Heupel pissed off Gabriel with his exit.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Transfer portal is going to be crucial for next year.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Heupel promised UCF he wouldn’t recruit anyone to UT from their roster

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Marcus Tatum and Brandon Johnson are two former Vols that transferred there in the last year or two

20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Garners still good but not what he once was. Also doesn’t help that with each passing year there’s fewer kids that can take his coaching style.