22 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by CardinalVol, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

How long till girls soccer and basketball players sue due to what is going to be huge differences in pay from the NIL deals

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

When folks are paying hundreds if not thousands of dollars to see them play (and showing up to the tune of 100,000 or so for the privilege…) we can revisit that…

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That entire state is about to get [itch bay] slapped back to reality when both of then are looking up at the majority of the SEC

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That entire state is about to get [itch bay] slapped back to reality when both of then are looking up at the majority of the SEC

5. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

you can say that again

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

"back to reality" implies they are ever going to get it.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

But as long as these teams are associated with the schools there will always be a Title IX issue. It’s going to get pretty messy over the next few years.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They'll end up setting up one centralized NIL office at each athletic department to take care of the issue. Can't control who offers each athlete.

Savage Orange and justingroves like this.
  10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Seems there should be an issue paying above market rates for services. Paying someone $250k annually to have their face on a sack of donuts doesn’t seem legit.

I remember way back in the days of Reggie Cobb and Chuck Webb there was some scandal about selling something that said CobbWebb on it. I thought it was stupid. If I buy your jersey with your number on it, then what’s the big deal if you get a piece? Now giving out Bentleys is different. NCAA f’d up not having a common sense approach to this.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

And if schools are not supposed to coordinate and organize NIL deals, how can they ever be accountable for anything that gets shady?

So 2 planes fly to star recruit’s town. Coach goes in and sells playing time. Walks out, leaves house. 1 min later “the rep” comes in and says “you drive this Mercedes around town, we will pay you $100k a year to advertise our product. How’s that sound?”

Just get a commissioner and salary cap and be upfront.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think this stuff will find an equilibrium point. Also wonder what’s gonna happen when some of the big money deal players inevitably turn out to be busts. Will the people involved be as willing to throw big money at the next kid, now that everybody knows who’s money is attached to him? Maybe it won’t matter a bit, idk

A-Smith, 10SEvols, IP and 1 other person like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Quinn Ewers took some dumbass Ohioans money and left after a semester

A-Smith likes this.
  14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

It was actually a sports marketing firm based out of Texas that specializes in athlete autographs. I think the only thing he got from Ohio was a new truck. One of the reasons that he reclassified is that Texas state law doesn’t allow high school students to enter into a NIL agreement.

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If that's the case, I'd hafta get that in cash.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We didn't do either but still got close without a full class.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

We may sign another too

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Not that he was going to sign with UT but ‘22 QB prospect Robbie Roper died after a reaction to anesthesia during a routine shoulder surgery… just a horrible turn of events.

98CF2D22-7F1C-43EE-A038-B02382FBF943.jpeg

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That's been on my mind today. Just a freak thing. Also happened to a friend of mine who was a shoulder surgeon who went in for hip surgery and woke up unable to function.
    So many surgeries around the country daily. Cant imagine how the parents feel. Was probably a 30 minute cleanup surgery

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That is terrifying.