'23 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by lylsmorr, Oct 14, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i'm calling BS

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Carter committed. That’s 8 out of the top 13 recruits who are on the defensive side of the ball.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You and your like buddies can suckit

4. Ssmiff

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not being able to say "Tennessee can't beat bama" has to be helping.

6. Ssmiff

absolutely. That W was so big for Heup and the program. Plus top 10 last 2 months. Heisman talk. All Sec and AA attention. I still don’t know why playing D for an offense like this would be a negative. If you don’t wanna play snaps and have a chance at sacking the qb or getting an INT because we just scored again in 45 seconds, so be it. We need ballers who want more chances to make plays.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yeah, it’s pretty dumb to negative recruit by saying, “you might play too much if you go there”

But there are coaches doing it

SetVol13, Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Our defensive recruiting haul this year is fantastic.

9. Ssmiff

Siap. I hadn’t seen both videos. Decent state champ game in Ga in big boy division.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Austin Price says Bama sent Pete Golding to the school to try to talk him out of UT at the last minute. He was told not to enter the gym.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He was matched up against an OT headed to UGA and whipped his ass most of the game

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's kind of inappropriate behavior in a school at that point. Hard for me to articulate why. Just seems manipulative after a process of months to years to show up the announcement day at his school. We would not find that acceptable for a potential employer or military recruiter.

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Smells of desperation. Apparently things aren't as easy these days for Bama.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Lol. They are still #1 recruiting class. I’m telling you I think Smyrna being a little vol town helped. From there to Murf is still big orange country

A-Smith likes this.
  15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They have 25 commits and 24 of them are 247 composite 4 or 5 stars. Wonder how many of those got the “Bama bump”

A lot of the guys running these sites just assume that if Saban offers a kid that he must be great. Not a bad assumption most of the time, but nobody bats .950+ in recruiting, not even him

justingroves, zehr27 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Their recruiting will still be really good, but the fact that they essentially replace all of their assistanct coaches every year doesn't help in the long-term. It eventually catches up. Clemson is facing a similar issue.

17. Ssmiff

These rankings will mean less as the portal gets going. Half don’t seem to pan out already. Not everybody can play and if you have elite players ahead of you, the patience to ride the bench and play as a jr/sr won’t be there as much.

Memtownvol, IP and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There's been lot of orange popping out in Rutherford County this fall.

19. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I’ve got some cousins that moved to middle Tennessee from Florida and are big FSU fans. Just about all the kids have become Tennessee fans. Two of the younger ones just recently after this season. Oldest kid is going to UT and playing in the POTSB. It’s killing them and I’m loving every minute of it.

justingroves likes this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain