'23 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by lylsmorr, Oct 14, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Had the same pair of crocs since freshman year of college. House shoes, run to get the mail shoes, lake shoes, ya just can’t beat ‘em.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Slippery when wet

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got a pair if lacrosse slip ons that get worn everywhere

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I had a pair of Bass Pro Shops knock offs that I wore for several, ten or more, years around the house and to the river/creek, etc. My wife gave them to our son a couple of years ago. I'm on my second pair of actual Crocs since, and I still am not happy about her giving them away.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Crocs rock.

SetVol13 and HCKevinSteele like this.
  6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

In the crocs vs jerseys debate, it should be noted that generally speaking, you can guess far more about an adult wearing a jersey than you can someone who owns crocs.

7. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Wearing crocs with a jersey is the only way to go. As long as they match of course.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

imo, jerseys are okay as long as they aren't ridiculously oversized and the player is obscure.

The only real rule though is that whoever is wearing them doesn't resemble circa 2009 Kevin Smith.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am just interested: why jerseys are a no go (for some), but not <Insert Team> t-shirt/hat/sweatshirt/jacket?

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Because casually wearing a jersey is lazy. It's the upper body equivalent of pajama pants.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I don't think I'm qualified to answer this, I'll wear the t-shirt of the band I'm going to watch.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I’m from Arkansas…South Arkansas originally. My Family lives near Cookeville now. I went to Walmart today, not proudly, but I was there. I was at a Walmart in Arkansas. I am not embarrassed but that’s quite the cliche. I would never wear Crocs and I have no respect for those that do. In my experience, overweight men with ponytails and an 1970’s model boat who brag about who they know 9 cans into a 12pk wear Crocs. I would never.

VOLinDAWGland and justingroves like this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

My actual point was a jersey with another man's name on your back over 50 yrs old. I also wasn't clear but was also referring to context. If you're going to a game or fantasy party cool. Anywhere else in public over the age of 50 is kind of sad. Especially with another man's name on it.

A sweatshirt or polo or t shirt with the power T is always cool accept maybe in church or other fancier dress situations.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Jerseys are for games for players and fans.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

As someone who doesn’t live near any of my favorite teams anymore, I will sometimes wear a jersey around town/home on the first day of the season, or the playoffs. But generally agreed.

18. NorrisAlan

But why? Why is it lazy or stupid? When was this decided and by whom? It isn't pajamas, I don't sleep in a jersey. Why is it not appropriate in casual settings and a hoodie is?

It confuses me as to why one is ok but another isn't .

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

think some of the opinions stem from seeing autograph hounds and almost every nfl fight involving the same looking dudes wearing jerseys.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

Perhaps. And I will not get an answer other than "because" simply because that is the only answer one can give.

Memtownvol likes this.