23 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 2, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was at the LSU game and the MCB. Didn’t buy a lottery ticket

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm calling it a mistake watching some game replays on YouTube because it's got me fired up for some Vol football. Damn this going to be a long summer.

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm happy that you didn't buy a gun

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Schedule is starting to trickle out.

FSU/LSU on Sunday the 3rd. Looking at remaining matchups for the Saturday before, we're going to get a good kickoff time.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are more than half way through the offseason, and I am so ready. Setting myself up for just epic disappointment, because I think this team is better set up going into 23 than it was in 22, when factoring in what is going on with opponents.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

really imo there’s little chance we match the numbers Hooker and the offense put up. But they don’t need to be as good. Fans will flip their shit quick. But we better be and hopefully will be better at LB and DB so there should be more room for error on offense.
    Thinking about offense I just had a flashback of bama and us scoring to go up 17 or 21 early and was asking myself audibly, “is this really happening.”

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only thing I care about is staying in the 9 to 10 win category during the regular season

zehr27, VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm excited but Milton could kill it quick. He ended the season well but he wasn't good in 2021 as the starter.

We'll see, I want Milton to do well but I'm still nervous about 2021

TennTradition likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

If dudes can hold on to the catches I think he'd be perceived as being even hotter finishing last year. I think he is in another gear than in '21.

thagodfather and 10SEvols like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He seems to have really changed for the better. It would be an awesome story if he kills it and would cement Heupel as a qb whisperer

thagodfather likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

tbh he looked good every time he stepped on the field in 2022 but being QB1 is a different deal. Bowl games don’t always carry over into the next season either

but I feel a LOT better about him than this time a year ago

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I think there are throws Hooker could make essentially every time that Milton just isn’t going to be as successful with. If he can maintain his accuracy on the go routes from last year that probably makes up for it though.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I worry more about broken play kind of stuff with Milton

15. Ssmiff

Seems he started moving his feet more last year. Don’t want to see him stand still and upright staring at a wr waiting to throw it 100 mph. Hope Heup has helped him play qb more athletic and loose. Hooker wasn’t good before Heup got in his head about being an athlete and stop being robotic.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope he just runs and runs like he's 6' 5" and 250 lbs

thagodfather likes this.
  17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Small sample size but to me it seemed like he turned the corner on that last year. I don’t have a strong opinion one way or the other on # of designed runs. I don’t think it’s necessary to call many. But he should be able to scramble and get 3-4 if he has any space at all, and that can open up so much.

justingroves likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

He runs protecting his legs because he’s big and knows dbs are coming in low.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He murdered a poor ut-martin linebacker

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I saw a small DB tackle him in the Orange Bowl. I was hoping Joe would just throw him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and keep running.