23 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 2, 2023.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

There’s ways to beat that though.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I could be misremembering because I’ve watched highlights from last season about a million times but I feel like he put it on a Clemson player too though

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hot take: hooker wasn't always on. Pitt, Florida, UGA, and South Carolina had some bad throws.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I expect Milton to be very good this year, bordering on elite. By the time he takes the first snap in September he will have had 2 years in the system and, more importantly, 2 years working with Heupel.

IP likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hooker being off meant he completed 60% instead of 70%, though. When Milton's off, he's way off

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’m not saying he was perfect, there’s just certain throws Milton will most likely never be able to hit at the same clip.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

When up early in a game, I want to see a rollout throw from the 10 that’s caught on the goal line 90 yards away. Send our fastest 100 M guy and send him from left side on longest post ever

IP, VolDad and utvol0427 like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You mean like Hooker at VT?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Milton was over 67% against Clemson. Of course they aren't the same player, but Milton's arm is on another level and that has to count for something even if he isn't hitting shorter passes as consistently. Also, guys drop his rocket passes a lot. If guys don't do that, his numbers look different.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'd guess that what you're describing happened on a play when he pulled it down and ran. It's nonsensical how much better he runs on designed plays as opposed to a broken play.

justingroves likes this.
  12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Probably will be prime time on either ABC or ESPN. WVU-Penn State is already pegged for NBC. As I said a couple of weeks ago, the opening Saturday this year is awful. The only other semi-decent matchup is UNC-South Carolina. Seriously doubt that they getting first billing over a preseason top-10 Tennessee team.

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

I think there’s something to knowing where you are going vs improvising

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The sum[itch bay] is 6'6 250lbs. He's should be going wherever he pleases while daring someone to say otherwise.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

In theory yeah but the mind is a weird thing

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Milton puts up good numbers this year, and with his measurables, he's going to make NFL GMs salivate.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Sum beach, somewhere

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Once again this guy is either the biggest idiot or most committed troll of all time

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain