#23 Tennessee vs. #13 Northwestern

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Dec 6, 2015.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Not really. UT hasn't been the clear cut favorite to win the East in a long time. This year we were picked to finish 2nd, which we did. We haven't returned this many veteran, experienced starters and had this much talent in forever.

The East is in flux, Missouri, Vandy and Kentucky should be horrible, South Carolina may be slightly better, Florida and Georgia are both primed for a real down year.

If he doesn't win the East next year, he will never do it.

2. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Plenty here and in the media were sayin' 9-3 or 10-2 and winning the East were possible, if not plausible

Agree

Yet, 8-4 9-3 keeps him nice and fat

Anyways, should be stickied

3. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

When you take our current coaching into account, all 4 of those are "loseable" games. Especially the road games at UGa and TxAM. At best I see us going 2-2 out of those 4. Probably 1-3. Sadly we could still win the East at 1-3 and lose in the SECCG, of course that will be progress and Lyle will parlay that into a $5 million contract and a lifetime contract.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

If you can't build a team to beat UF and UGA in 4 years, GTFO. That's really all it takes to get to ATL. I think fans will turn on him for good, and rightfully so, if that doesn't happen.

That being said, I think Butch has done a pretty solid job of building that team, now just win the damn game.

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The kids each get $550 in free stuff from the bowl game. Win win for them.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If only he could attract top flight coaches like he recruits top flight talent

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

**** you.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Blooming onions for everyone!!

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Go-to in college, awesome "drunk" food

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Yep. Nice and greasy.

12. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Have to say he's a great administrator/manager as well as coach

13. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

anyone here posting on their rivals board? just went trolling over there. (i'm still not certain of protocol, is trolling ever a good thing? i mean neither harm nor disrespect.) all i saw were some idiot vol fans showing their arses. wouldn't mind trying to show them some objective respect, but, frankly, it's just not worth $8.33 to me.

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Droski is loved on Northwestern's rivals forum.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you guys think your fans are bad. my god. biggest set of vagina apologists on the planet there. they are REALLY easy to rile up and their go to defense is to talk about academic superiority. also works well to imply fitz has roid rage and their schedule is putrid (both true statements btw).

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they have a free board no? I certainly never paid for it.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I looked last night when Gahlee mentioned you were poking at them. I felt a lot of shame for our fan base over there. The way some UT alum will allow people from any other school to talk down to them about their education is shameful. Football is truly all that matters to some of those hilljacks.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I have a long standing relationship with that board going back to before the cal game last year. I rarely have enjoyed trolling a board more. it's like these people live in a different world than the rest of us. but just now they banned me after years of not giving a shit. weird.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I enjoyed going through the comments. Apparently "SEC Speed" is the trigger phrase.

I lost it when I read "don't talk to us about academics, our QB is a Rocket surgeon." I think the NU fans are having a hard time coping with the jokes.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah I told them our speed on offense would be a problem for them and they kept bringing up how vandy said they had "SEC speed" and they beat them and therefore clearly I was dumb for thinking it would be a problem. I kept telling them that vandy isn't included in the "sec speed" group.. I even offered up recruiting rankings, 40 times etc, but they stuck to it. they also huge into the stars don't matter garbage, but on the same board were praising fitz for having a good recruiting ranking (keep in mind I think it was like 25th or something). I would point out that obvious contradiction and get blank stares. for a bunch of highly educated people, they really don't come off very bright. they remind me a lot of Stanford fans before harbaugh. when they lose it's because they are morally superior to everyone else and when they win it's because they are the best team around winning with class. lot's of passive aggressive responses. almost completely lacking in anyone with football knowledge.

oh and the wsj had them ranked as the worst fanbase of any power 5 team. I liked reminding them of that too.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015