30 years ago today

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Nov 9, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Because queer rhymes with smear.

Don't overthink it.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Started out the day in Jackson with my dad and can tell you the gas station I was at when it got to 31-14. Came home and watched the second half on TV while he was doing something outside listening on radio. When he missed the field goal I started running around like a madman and ran outside and with a serious as can be face says "they missed the call, the kick was good" and I stood there about to cry and he burst out laughing.

I wanted to tackle him and beat him.

A-Smith likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

a few times where i grew up, i was the only white dude there and they'd throw it at me as much as possible. Smear the whatever. Heard it all from all different kids. I didn't care. It also made me quick as hell. It was the 80's though, so coming in beat up a little was a common occurence from bike jumping to scrap at the park, smear or good ole tackle football played outside at least twice a week. Aggregate driveway was the 50 and supposed to be a no tackle zone. Can't believe nobody ever cracked their head. Or maybe I did.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

My dad was about to go in to the gym to ref a Jr pro basketball game, sitting in the truck listening to it on the radio, he was already late by staying in the truck to get the final play. Literally had his hand on the ignition to turn it off as John Ward said "good" he shut it off. He called half of the game or more before he found out from someone In the gym that Tennessee had won. They said "man what a wild game that was....crazy TN pulled it out"....my dad said..."what???"

A-Smith, chef65, IP and 1 other person like this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I listened to the game and was driving somewhere on that final kick. I cussed, then almost wrecked my truck. I was somewhere around Zip City in bammer when a buddy and I pulled over and hollered out loud.

That being said, I went to a Notre Dame game a few years back. It was maybe the most welcome an opposing fan base has ever made me feel at their venue. I recommend making the trip some time.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah they were super nice. Also average age of 78

warhammer likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

78.5. It's really amazing after being at SEC games

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't go to college right out of high school, either. I worked full time for a year

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I was in married student housing on Kingston pike and my good friend was over. I said before that FG “We need to block this and take it back or we are in a world of hurt”. It happened. My friend thought I was psychic

Poppa T likes this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'd have said 74, but it's been a few years.

11. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I was in Reese Hall, freshman year - we had a hunch punch party. I remember the blocked fg returned for a touch. Not a helluva lot after that - except I knew it was glorious.

Ssmiff likes this.