40 Celebrities Who Are...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by SavageOrangeJug, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

July Johnson had no back bone.

And Rosco Brown was dumber than a sack full of hammers.

2. Beechervol

"He fell in with a bad bunch, and we hung him."
    [​IMG]

Don't think he got a headstone tho. Finding him may be tricky.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You don't get in it for the pay

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He shouldn't have killed those sod busters or stolen those horses.

It may have been pure accident, but he kilt 'em.

Wonder what ole Pedro Florez thinks about immigration reform?

5. Beechervol

6. JayVols

Between us, I think we have Lonesome Dove covered.

7. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

8. Beechervol

Id say.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Right. Now, summers off are a different story

10. We discussed that idea, but did not want to risk a grievance filing by the teachers union.

11. JayVols

You are welcome to observe my class anytime you want if you want to see what it's like today. Changed quite a bit in my time.

12. Beechervol

You dip snuff during class?

13. JayVols

I would be a much more effective and nurturing teacher if I were to do that......

I try to set an example and not do things the I don't allow students to do.

14. I could never be a teacher. I could probably deal with the kids. The parents of 'not my little angel'? Not so much.

My cousin retired as an elementary school principal. He was born for that job. He was loved by students, staff, and parents. The man has the patience of Job, and some parents even got under his skin.

15. JayVols

Unfortunately, the students are becoming more and more like the parents you wouldn't like to deal with. It's pitiful. When a good portion of the kids in a class take a state mandated end of course exam 100 questions long and are finished in 5 minutes or they spell out "this sucks" on their bubble answer sheet over and over (in the bubbles where their answers go like connect the dots) it's bad. If you all think it's bad now, wait till thiese kids get into a position of power. This country is going to shit. There are a few very bright and talented kids that are amazing. The ratio of those kids to those that dead lice won't fall off of is going in the wrong direction at an alarming pace. There's no discipline whatsoever anymore. You can only do so much in the classroom if your supervisors won't support your attempts to have discipline. Our nation's education problems have more to do with societal issues that the greatest teacher ever can do very little about. Society is going to hell, fast.

Yes, I'm bitter and frustrated because I take pride in my job. The slacker teachers piss me off because they make me look bad. I don't like to look bad.

16. You have just made me appreciate my kid even more. She is a junior in high school. She wants to be a nurse practitioner. She is crossing off schools who she deems have nursing programs aren't rated high enough.

17. JayVols

Be VERY proud of your young lady. Students like her are becoming the exception rather than the rule.

18. JayVols

Oh, and tell her that this ole teacher, as I am sure her teachers, appreciate students like her more than we can ever express.

19. Thank you very much. Sometimes I think I don't appreciate that side of her enough.

We just got back from going out dinner. Over dinner she told me that she was mad at herself. She had an exam today, and she felt that she could have made a higher grade.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Now Jay, I know you're walking boss in your classroom.