6-7 years, that's how long

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

2. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Leave now

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Tell that to ANY coach that has had success in this league.

Saban
    Meyer
    Spurrier
    Miles

I mean foreally fu**s sake McElwain is doing it in year one. Eat a **** butch jones. Matter of fact, eat a bag of them, unwashed. Piece of garbage.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Someone should throw a brick at him.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A lot of reasonable comments below that article, then I get to this:

"Give him a few more years and then let him go if we can’t compete, what will it hurt? We’re used to losing at this point, not going to hurt my feelings if we have to lose a few more close games to good competition to get back to championship status."

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

To be fair, he's never really rebuilt a SEC program, so it might take him a couple more.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Gotta love the fact we are paying Butch millions of dollars a year while he learns on the job. Luckiest son of a brick alive.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That statement just about sums up everything there is to know about Lyle Jones.

Leave my University, you snakeoil salesman. Leave.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's never built a program. He should call Brian Kelly and ask him how long it takes.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just leave now.

11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Loser talk

I'm sure TooS is eating it up.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd be interested to see when the last time a coach win an SEC championship after his first six years were fruitless.

When you look at the landscape he has, seven years is insanity. The East is so, so bad. He should be able to cruise to the championship game. Maybe not win it, but on any given Saturday...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  13. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

In my job, I have a team of 40. I just took this job in June. To further complicate matters, this team is remote and I only see them face to face 4 times per year.

My honeymoon period was 4 months and I was expected to know the strengths and weaknesses of the team and put a plan in place to achieve our business goals for 2016. I'm already being held accountable, which I'm ok with.

If I used the same language that this bastard does with my CEO, I'd at best get called on the carpet (publicly) and at worst, be fired on the spot.

I have no sympathy or patience for this type of talk or inaction. **** Lyle mother****ing Jones.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Has to be johnny.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Preach.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Phil was the closest. Definitely no one since the advent of the championship game. That was over twenty years ago.

17. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

butch could get up on the podium and say General Neyland would probably have the same results at this point and the majority of posters on that place would agree.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Peter Principle Incarnate.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I build stuff. You have blue prints and 4 to 8 months to get it done.