8th Maxim Spring Game Get-together? April 21, 2:30pm Kickoff

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Feb 6, 2012.

1. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I always hang out at Calhoun's before O/W, but I'll show wherever y'all decide.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As long as you guys don't care that I'll probably have a hyper-active 2 year old with me, I should be there.

Personally, I'm not opposed to all meeting up at Calhouns myself.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't hate the idea.

4. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Parking is free at Calhouns that day, and plenty of it. Short wlk to stadium. I've done a VN get together there before O/W for several years. Last year nobody showed that said they would. Screw em...

5. CardinalVol

Two good reasons to go there.

Heck, you could do a pre and post game get-together if you really wanted.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Would love to attend, but that's right in the middle of the conference schedule for beisbol.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sounds ripe for a podcast. get people's impressions of the game. easy for me to say since i live 2,000 miles away. . .

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I may have a hyper active 4 month old and the wife

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

So is this gonna be at Calhouns, or where?

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Thats mine and my wifes birthday! Same day, different years. If my son can get off work, we will be there. One son will be recovering from shoulder surgery so he's in.

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I will likely be there. Don't know if I'm coming in Friday night, or if I will just drive in on Saturday. Calhouns is fine with me.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im gonna try and make it. Not sure if it will involve both of my kids or not.

Does Calhouns have an 8 ft fence with razor wire?

13. CD12

CD12 Member

My alter ego might show.

14. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I will see if I can get space in the 11th Street Garage and we can grill, have bevs of choice and good ol' time

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Good times. Now if we can just win some freaking games...

16. Beechervol

If your gonna lose, do it with a belly full of good food.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I called Calhoun's and they do not take reservations or call-ahead seating on Gamedays. I still think it is a good idea since most of us will be coming from out of town to be there. But volfanbill and I can get there early to stake our claim. I will be the one in orange hunkered over a fine beverage.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Confirmed. I'm out. My team is entered in a softball tourney that weekend. Sucks too. Was looking forward to putting faces with screen names. Question: When one does meet a message board "buddy" do they call them by their online moniker or their name?

19. Beechervol

Interesting question. I could see it with some. The rest would be "hey you" I guess.

20. CardinalVol

Want to be there. Currently trying to figure out how the weasel my way out of going to a one year old's birthday party.