8thmaxim Spring Game Pre-Meal RSVP

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Apr 9, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just a reminder bump if anyone else is interested. Rain or shine I'm coming.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Quick question. Are any of you coming from the Middle Tennessee area? I was thinking if so, we could all get in the same vehicle and chip in on the gas.

Im in Lafayette, so easy I-40 places for me to meet would be Lebanon, Gainesboro, Gordonsville/Carthage, or any of the Cookeville exits.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I was seriously thinking about making it down for this, but with rain in the forecast, it's hard to justify the 10 hour trip down and 10 hour trip back on a standard weekend. I haven't completely given up on it, but as of now, I'm leaning fairly heavily to the not-making-the-trip category. I won't be able to make a game this fall (with the 0-3 month old during football season), so this is my only shot of seeing them on the field (even if it is only a smidgen of an actual game)...but damn that is a long trip to sit in the rain.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Do it. Once the baby comes your goose is cooked for eternity. I'm kidding, but still. Only guys without kids can drive ten hours on a whim. Enjoy the freedom of it all.

5. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I'm watching the weather as well. If it looks like a deluge, then I'm out. If it isn't going to rain all day, I will be there.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I think it should be alright. Just some scattered showers.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm headed up there tomorrow from Nashville around noon

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

How many people are with you? What are your arrangements once you do get to K-town? PM me if need be.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

about to head to Charlotte, pick up volfanjo and head to where my heart has always been... Tennessee!

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Really wish I could be there.

11. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I'll be in a bill dance style mesh hat. They're unusual to see people wearing. I'll be at the bar.... of course.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The latest forecast has the rain pushing out of the Knoxville area by 11:30 ET. its gonna be close folks.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Weve gone from isolated storms to 80% chance of rain.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Yes, from what I have seen, the rain chances might as well be 100%. A decently strong cold front is passing through Tennessee tomorrow morning.

15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Headin' out the door in about 30 minutes. I'll have on a shirt with a giant T on it plus about 3 of the other 5 about mu size. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Y'all wont be the only 6'5 guys there.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mental note -

Make sure I order and eat before OV and his party.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Passing Morristown. If anyone beats us there grab a table for 20.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Setting up the table now. No other parties in the restaurant as of now.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Have fun, guys! I will not be joining - so that probably means your weather will be wonderful!