Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Jan 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Haha track away.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So I got the "100%" completion achievement for this last night. Never heard of a game that gives you 100% completion despite having not actually completed all the side missions and what not, but whatever. Anyway, the UFOs that pop up around the map afterward are pretty neat and fun to mess with. Apparently there's a big conspiracy about a jet pack being on the game, but no one has found it yet. It's pretty crazy how in depth the game goes. There's a ghost you can see at a specific time and spot, which is the ghost of a girl whose murder you figure out for a mission. There's also some mystery about this murderer that has nothing to do with a mission... The info is just in the game, mostly written on walls in graffiti. You can even find the bodies of his victims off the northern coast. So much detail in this game.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

So looking back it's safe to say this might be possibly the most overhyped game of all time (for consoles at least). Still a good game though.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Lol. Terrible troll attempt. You've definitely lost your gift.

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I'm not trolling - look how quickly the hype died surrounding this game. Didn't even last more than a week after they added the multiplayer. This was supposed to be a game you would play for ages even after the main story. I put way more hours into fallout, NBA my player modes and skyrim. Still play the last two. And borderlands (if I could stand cell shading) I'm sure I would've played it a lot more than GTA as well.

6. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Next gen console releases didn't help. Still, its the best GTA of all time.

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Great game.

That said, I think my personal GOTY still goes to "The Last of Us", though.

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Definitely a better game.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This game is way better than fallout and probably skyrim as well. I never even finished skyrim. I've beat this game twice and even finished it 100% once. There is so much crap to do it's ridiculous.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Those games are better just likely not your genre of game which isn't a bad thing. A lot of people can't get into the high fantasy of elder scrolls.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No, I like those kinds of games. I beat oblivion a couple times and played skyrim for quite a while. It just got too repetitive for me and I didn't find the story all that intriguing. Eventually I just got bored with it.

GTA V, on the other hand, offer endless options. For example, the other day I got eaten by a shark while swimming in the ocean, so I spent the next few hours trying to stab a shark to death with my knife. It was a blast, and random stuff like that happens all the time.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Agree with Indy. I own skyrim and its not as good as gta v.

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

That makes no sense - you can do the exact same type of thing in Skyrim - not to mention there is endless possibilities due to the mods giving it 1000x more content if you go that route.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Skyrim is a bunch of dungeons and caves that are all only slightly different from one another. Idk what mods your talking about, but after a pretty boring storyline, I explored the hell out of the map and eventually it just seemed repetitive.

15. l3rewski

l3rewski Member

Either Fallout 3 or NV on PC alone will provide me with far more unique play-throughs than GTAV can. Add mods, and you have several games-worth of playtime in one game. I view Skyrim the same way, though I do find it a little repetitive, and the lore doesn't appeal to me as much personally.

Don't get me wrong, I loved GTAV, and I still play it when I'm in the mood. I don't think it was over-hyped. I do think the multiplayer didn't live up to expectations. If you want to goof off with friends online, then it's great, otherwise, actually trying to level is too slow, tedious, and repetitive.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't play games on PC, and I didn't really care about the online multiplayer. I played it once or twice, and it was fun, but the normal story mode is more than enough to keep me interested. High speed police chases in my Bugatti, tricks on my BMX bike, shark hunting, military base raiding, helicopter jumping, and messing with the UFOs... There's plenty to do in this game.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I've gotta go with Vice City, but I'm a product of the '80s & haven't played a GTA since San Andreas.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Never played vice city. San Andreas was my first and my favorite until this one.

19. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Vice City was amazing, but San Andreas and gta5 are better because of the amount of things to do. I hope they return to Vice City on the new gen consoles.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I loved the radio stations in Vice City. '80s heaven.