"95% chance Butch is fired..."

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 27, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

See, I thought the buyouts were offset by future earnings, assistants, coordinators, and Butch himself. If that is the case, I can see us being off for less as I can't see them not being employed.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They all have a future earnings clause. It's why Pelini went to Youngstown for 27 bucks a month, to piss off Nebraska

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Standard contracts for assistants are 2 years

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You are correct but offset future earnings are only if he coaches in the NCAA I believe. If he goes and washes helmets at the Bucs we pay him all of it and I bet that's exactly what Sexton advises him to do. As for the assistants I bet we don't pay them in full as they will find other NCAA jobs, that's usually the case with assistants.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, he is going to get paid

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how the hell is that possible? most assistant contracts are for 2 years. did they get new contracts last year?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes even for the assistants future earnings off set the buyout. what you will see though is the new school pay the guy say $500k less than his regular salary for the first year when he is covered under the buyout. so you end up eating it anyway even if the assistant gets another job.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Almost half the the staff was new this year. Plus we like to over pay like idiots.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

wasn't there a clause in there about him being required to make a good faith effort to get a job that would offset the buyout? (the Bo Pelini clause, I suppose)

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think so but I doubt that really means much. Hard to prove how hard he tried unless someone offers him a big time job and he turns it down for pennies and he is not getting any big time offers. He can make all kinds of excuses as to why he takes a certain job and likely get out of that clause.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

That we know he can do

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Do we ever.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Gus would have to mess up pretty bad to get fired now with the basketball stuff. There is zero chance they go after Petrino.