A Call To Action For The 8TH And All Other UT Sites.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Mar 11, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Make the call.

2. hatvol96

I'm on and off the phone all day today, if someone can call the UT ticket office and see exactly how we leave tickets there and someone else can call the Boys and Girls Club and see if they can use them, I'll do the followup tomorrow.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've contacted him. If I haven't heard anything by 1, I'll try again.

4. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Damn, I forgot to ask TennyD for a shirt.

5. CardinalVol

Hey guys, got BBBS back in touch.

He's going to send out an email and let me know how much interest there is, and yes the easiest thing to do would be to order them and leave them in BBS name.

If you are interested in helping, please let me know how many you are willing to buy ASAP and we'll go from there.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How will we buy the tickets?

7. hatvol96

Not trying to make work for others, but if someone will give the Boys and Girls Club a call we should have an idea of how many kids could actually participate by close of business today.

8. hatvol96

UT takes orders by phone and on the web. You do have to call them to have others pick up web orders.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought Card was already on it. No?

10. CardinalVol

I'm on big brothers big sisters.

I don't know anyone at Boys and Girls Club. I should know soon how many they have interested.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I have calls in to the Knoxville Boys & Girls Club, Florence Crittendon, the Cooper House, Gateway Center, Blount County Boys Home and Columbus Home (each are group homes for children in State's custody, foster care).

Will update as they return my call.

12. CardinalVol

Has anyone posted this anywhere else?

13. hatvol96

If we have a decent idea of how many possible ticket requests those groups might have, I'll see if Tony will let me mention this project during my appearnce on his show tomorrow.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I posted it on toos. need me to post anything in the thread over there?

15. CardinalVol

I can't wait for that link to this thread to be posted.......we may need a plan B there.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol so far i just put Hatvol's post with quotes around it and said it was from a poster on another site. It would be a good attempt to get more members to eventually post a link to this thread over there. If they delete it and get shitty, i can claim that I am just trying to help out a good cause (because that's really what the point of this is).

17. CardinalVol

Yeah, I read the thread.

There's no doubt in my mind they know who said that original post. We will figure something out.

18. Tenacious D

Until such time as we can figure out who/how many - we're in a holding pattern.

And while I appreciate the desire to build the 8th's membership, I don't care if we even get a mention as being involved in this, outside of whatever may be logistically required to make it work (i.e. coordinating it, routing donations, etc.). In fact, if mentioning of the 8th would subdue or hinder the effort, leave it out of play entirely.

I'd much rather drive participation to the cause, itself, than here, instead. Just my $.02.

19. CardinalVol

I'll know at 4pm how many BBBS will need.

20. Tenacious D

I have heard back from 4 of the group homes which I previously contacted. Each were sincerely appreciative of the offer, but none could take us up on it, citing several legitimate concerns for the safety, transportation and supervision of their children is this rather large venue.

My wife has sent out messages to local foster care / support agencies, to see if there would be any interest in some free tickets. She asked that I give her until 3:30pm EST to gather responses. I have agreed to allow her that liberty (read: she said that she would help, and I am waiting patiently, as instructed).

I have a call in to UT's ticket department, specifically to ask if they have any established relationships for this sort of thing, and will update that progress, as it happens.