A Call To Action For The 8TH And All Other UT Sites.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Mar 11, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Not sure of the exact time. Best I can do is say between 11-1.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It's only a rivalry when both sides care. I think that ship long since sailed here.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This was a fantastic idea. I'm actually proud of this site and wish I could be there to see some kids.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Just donated twenty.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Just donated. Glad I could help in some small way.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It's pretty incredible, isn't it?

Some random e-friends talked about something, made a phone call, and donated some money. And now some kids are going to get to see some free Tennessee basketball tomorrow. Everything should be this straightforward and easy.

Seeing this all coming together first-hand is the best reward, passing up an opportunity to do so (TOOS, not those here) is it's best punishment.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I wonder if there is any way they could get pictures of the kids for us to post on here. That'd be awesome!

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

So how many tickets are we at now?

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I almost want to post another thread over there with my email address and just say "If you guys want to help out and donate, email me and i will let you know how."

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

That would be cool.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Glad it came together, really cool idea.

12. Tenacious D

Right now, we're at $562.90 - that's our goal plus an extra ticket.

The more we get, the more tickets we'll buy for Vine Middle.

13. Tenacious D

Would be difficult - I'm meeting the principal to deliver the tickets tomorrow, am handing the DCS tix to friend who will hand out, and am sending the others to BBBS.

As its general admission seating, they won't all be sitting together, either.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If we don't receive a second PM, does that mean our transaction did not go through? I was having some trouble with my card yesterday and didn't get a chance to call the bank today, so i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work.

15. Tenacious D

Indy, you should receive an email for each transaction you completed. PM me with your name, and I can verify it for you.

16. Tenacious D

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol i tried posting another thread and got banned. This is what my thread said:

"Well, since the previous thread was deleted for whatever reason, I figured I would try a second time. Hopefully this one will last.

We have found a number of places that have kids who would like to go to the game. I believe the number of kids is at 55 right now, and $560+ has already been collected. The extra money will be put towards students at Vine Middle School (i believe that is what it is), which is a school that CCM and the team have visited on a number of occasions. Any money that does not get put to use will be returned to the sender, and the payment method is PayPal.

If anyone is interested, feel free to email me at nate****@yahoo.com, and I'd be glad to point you in the direction to donate or answer any other questions."

I'm curious what the justification is... "He was trying to raise money so less fortunate children could see UT play bball! Banishment!"

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

empty your inbox.

19. Tenacious D

Done. My bad.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tenny, what's the total?