A hypothetical Vol coach scenario

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 20, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

This stems from another thread where I mentioned that I thought Jones was slightly better than Dooley:

Scenario 1:
    Let's say the Devil himself pulls you out of time and space and presents you with a choice. With the exact same rosters and schedules, you can choose between having [ddiapos] or Lyle Jones as your team's head football coach. Their staffs will be the same. Their players, the same. Everything the same but the head coach.

Which do you choose?

Scenario 1B:

Same as above, but in order make your choice, the Devil has provided you with a silver .357 revolver and a single silver bullet. Where do you send the bullet?

My answers-

1: Reluctantly, I choose Jones. He actually gives a shit, recruits, and has technically won more meaningful games.

1B: Well, I never wanted an open casket funeral anyway.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Over the course of a season, it's definitely Lyle. If I were picking for a single game, without having to worry about any off the field aspects, I'd pick ddiapos.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The detonation of Neyland Stadium should rank higher than re-hiring [ddiapos], although I suppose one could argue they're effectively the same thing.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is the single most damning statement against our current AD that I can imagine. And is the saddest, most depressing thing I have ever read.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I know what Jones can do with this team. I'll take the unknown, and my new car, please.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Gotta take Butch on that. One's cyanide. The other is only diarrhea water.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What if Lyle was the head coach of the 1989 Michigan basketball team?

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If it's simply to coach the game I take ddiapos. If it's to run a program I take Lyle. I shoot myself regardless.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I dunno guys. Even for a single game I think Dooley is worse. As bad as some of Lyle's losses are, nothing compares to losing with the talent gap we had over Ky in 2011.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'd take that deal & crawfish, and then drill that old devil in the ass

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody walked over your mama's grave.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Do I get Chaney and Wilcox to go with Dooley?

13. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

As far as the single bullet. Line them up back to back. I'll take my chances that I get a 2 for 1.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think that loss can be attributed more to the Sunday-Friday aspect of ddiapos coaching than the in game coaching. That team that went to Lexington in 2011 had quit worse than I've ever seen a college team quit. That's why I'd take Lyle for anything more than a single game. If I'm forced to pick one to coach one game from kickoff until 0:00 in the fourth, and nothing more, I'd go with ddiapos.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

I refuse to even argue this

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Picking Dooley is ridiculous.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Dooley.

Because I know his every action will show that doesn't care and will eventually get himself fired, even with this AD and fan base. Butch spouting an endless barrage of absolutely meaningless cliches to mask his complete dumbassery, Vol Olympics, building brick mailboxes with the Farm Bureau dude = Butch being the bestest coach ever and deserving of a lifetime contract to our fan base and AD.

18. JayVols

Think chess not checkers.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

20. JayVols

I'll be your huckleberry!