1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

@TennTradition - Sincere question....

Is that stadium as small and shitty as it looks on tv? It looks like the hoops version of Vandy’s stadium.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Schofield struggling.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

WVU, Vandy, Alabama out-rebounded UT. Williams hasn't had double digit boards since the Wake Forest game. They've gotten a bit slack.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jordan Bone is just awesome.

lol vol likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Aaaaaannnnd we win by almost 20.

justingroves likes this.
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

17 point win playing pretty poorly on defense. Offense couldn't miss.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

“They are the best team in college basketball. Period.”

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Glad we pulled away, but defense and rebounding has to get better. Theres just no other way to put it.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yes. The hanging Jumbotron took up the arena.

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Is it smaller than the area at Alabama? That place is a joke.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

game thread is panicky. 20-1. Undefeated in regulation. Over 90 points and Vegas cover by a wide margin. Its basketball and we are the game of the year for every team we play. The ride is fun for me. We elevate the effort and focus of every player and team we play and sell out arenas that want to rush the floor.
    Gotta figure out a something on the clearout pick and roll. for most coaches its a zone or switch everything, but it obviously has to improve. My point earlier is pick and roll is the bread and butter of basketball. 2 guys with inferior individual skill can hold a court all day if they know how to pick and roll. Aggies found something with us having to help down on the roller and leave the wing open, and kept hitting it. And still got their asses whipped.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    tvolsfan, CardinalVol and lol vol like this.
  12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This team is just so rewarding for a fan base that hasn’t had much of anything to enjoy over the last decade.

I can’t get enough of them.

13. TennTradition

Never been there but we walked in and were immediately struck by how small it was.

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. TennTradition

It was special to get to go watch these guys play. I hope it feels even more special in March.

gcbvol likes this.
  15. lol vol

lol vol Member

We need to tighten up our perimeter defense before March, but I shouldn’t complain. They are a tremendous basketball team, the type of team I’ve dreamed of since I first became a Vol fan.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Solid win.

When Bone, Turner, and Bowden play that well on offense we re hard to outscore.

However much time we re spending on high screen D it needs to be tripled. Biggest weakness that everyone is attacking right now.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm certainly enjoying this ride. 20-1 is an amazing ride. The offense is elite, often poetry in motion. I'm a believer in defense being the backbone of a team, though, and I continue to worry the same problems on D keep occurring. The tough part of our schedule is coming up and went be as forgiving if we keep allowing so many open looks and season best shooting nights, as well as offensive rebounding.

The good news is these are the most easily fixed of problems, mostly through effort and communication. If they can figure it out, only 2-3 teams can hang with them.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Win comfortably and Barnes has plenty of film on areas to improve...perfect!

A-Smith likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a lot of Chads at TAMU

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I’d really like to see us win the SECT.

tvolsfan likes this.