A Wish List: Jones' Replacement

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 20, 2016.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Is this about hiring a good -- and proven -- football coach? Or are we having a moral sanctity contest?
    Would Mr. Briles have in his job description the objective of putting a high quality football product on the field? Or is he filling the Title IX sexual assault claim coordinator position?

I'm very confused. I thought the former, but then I see the latter.

2. kidbourbon

True or False: Clemson gets two losses worse with a weak coordinator hire on either side of the ball?

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Probably. Still, it's one year.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You would probably hire Jerry Sandusky as a DC.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Rapists usually flock to rapists. Good call.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They got to share their stories

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

There are plenty of high achieving programs that don't have coaches who cover for rapists and lie their MF'ing asses off when confronted about it.... I kinda like to feel as though the guy running the programs has SOME moral compunction about sexual assault.... I haven't felt that way about Berch Jerns, that's for sure... The only difference is that Berch has actually done the right thing when forced to... Briles just kept covering, covering, covering...
    I'm still scratching my head that State Penn would hire Franklin knowing his background with the rape scandal at Vandy....

8. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Plain and simple, they don't give a shit.

Same group [itch bay]ing and moaning that they took down jopa's statue - knowing he was an accessory to ongoing child rape.

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Well that means Dabo is doing his job. Do you want a head coach babysitting his coordinators? Part of being a good HC is hiring good coordinators.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Agreed. butch is just an arrogant idiot and keeps trying to prove his infallible system is, well, infallible. He just won't admit that there are people out there that know more football than himself. Hire some capable coordinators. Tell them what you expect. Then get out of the way, let them coach, and only intervene when needed. That's my take anyways.

11. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

"I was walking through a forest. A tree fell. I didn't hear it."

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"I put in a blank tape, cranked it up all the way and hit play. Neighbor complained. He was a mime."

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

"I had the sudden feeling that I had never experienced any of this before"

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"I spilled spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone."

If you are not reading these in Steven's deadpan voice, you are doing it wrong.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Didn't realize Mike Macintyre graduated from Brentwood Academy and attended Vandy briefly.

I'm liking this guy more and more.

18. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Chip Kelly with Guarantano would be ideal in my book. I'd want him to keep Shoop, though.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That would work.

20. kidbourbon

What exactly are you getting at here, bud?