A Wish List: Jones' Replacement

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 20, 2016.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You're missing the point. I'd like a HC who can hire good coordinators without being reliant on them. It's great that Fulmer hired Cut, but not so great that he needed him.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Head coaches are always going to rely on coordinators, regardless of how good they are. Saban relies on OC. He's the DC

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Figured a self-appointed smartest guy in the room like yourself could have easily figured it out, bud.

4. kidbourbon

Are you calling me a rapist?

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Even Saban hired Kiffin. The head coach needs to know the game, but he must delegate down just like any successful manager. And great head coaches can identify great coordinators. Great coordinators bring in innovation and fresh ideas.

6. kidbourbon

I don't disagree with any of that.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

saban is hiring guys looking for the next step who are willing to put up with his assholishness. He's an abysmal human.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I don't think it is hard to figure out.

9. TDVol1989

Herman is off the board. with the talent in Texas, he ought to create a monster team. But, Orgeron rumored to hire Kiffin? Why would Kiffin do that? I would be happy to take him back.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He and O are tight and he's tired of getting his ass chewed by Saban.

Orgeron will give him freedom Saban won't

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could see Kiffin going to LSU, or going somewhere as a HC. His stock has recovered. He's a credible coach.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And saban is a gigantic [Penis].

13. TDVol1989

Sure if he wants to be an OC long term. but I would think contending for Natties every year at Bama as OC would put him in the running for another shot at HC. Not that LSU necessarily hurts him, but Coordinators at Bama get good HC positions

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's been fired from USC and the NFL and he's got a questionable reputation with the ncaa. He's no longer the "hot name" he was in 2009.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He's a lower tier job for somebody wanting to take a shot.

He can live high as a OC at may places. LSU included.

16. TDVol1989

Didn't say he was a hot name. But the Saban pixie dust is hard to resist for many schools. I would take him back. He isn't my dream coach, but I think he would do better this time around.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If he wins big at lsu he'll get credit. Not so much as bama

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He will get more credit because that offense has been down right awful at times but I think he's done quite a bit of work in restoring himself while at Bama.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His divorce and off the field shenanigans aren't helping him in getting a hc job

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep