Active shooter at Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Nov 27, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The lack of concern over this shooting compared to every other posted here is interesting.

Wonder what his background and motive was? He failed to kill a PP employee, but killed one LEO and two unidentified civilians.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

wrong thread

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think the holiday is affecting response. I know I've not been able to watch any coverage.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's a disgusting act by yet another evil/sick individual. I saw this last night but couldn't bring myself to post anything about it. I'm not numb to these acts, but I simply don't know how to respond. I'd like to offer solutions but outside stronger actions around mental health I have none. I am becoming more sickened by people each passing day.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is the first I've seen of it.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Did they kill the shooter? If they did, good.

8. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

There isn't much to latch onto and discuss besides the location. Every story I've seen says that the motive is a mystery. It's another ****er in Colorado trying to kill people. Seems like a normal day in America to me. Pretty pathetic.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Umm, shouldn't shoot up abortion clinics no matter how detestable the places are. Guy should be put away for the duration of time or whatever CO's maximum penalty is.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

"If he was black, he'd be dead."

"This guy shoots cops and gets taken into custody, but a black kid with a pocket knife walking away from police gets shot 16 times."

"If he is Syrian, he's a terrorist, but since he's white, he's mentally ill."

- Random Facebook Posters

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I really don't care what color he is, I'm disappointed he isn't dead right now.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hasn't been much to discuss. He did kill a cop, so he's likely in some trouble.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. They captured him.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

go ahead and add "the motive is a mystery." Wouldn't hear that if it were a church or if he was Arab/Muslim.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

In the time I've lived in Colorado they've never captured a non-white shooter. I know they wanted to pop this guy though, just couldn't be sure if there wasn't someone else in the room that could be hit.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The black stuff is getting tiresome. Some cops are racist and suck and others aren't racist and are good at what they do. Instead of being happy that these cops did the job the right way, we have to demonize them because other cops shoot black people. Cops are individual people.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You need to understand that there does seem to be a pattern. In this case, the scanner revealed they had every intention of dropping him, just never got a clean look.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is true, but the main difference, as noted in the Syrian refugee thread, is that this shooter will be an individual, a crazy person representative of himself and a perverted interpretation of a belief system, whereas situations like the Paris shootings are representations of the whole, requiring a blanket response towards a group of people in order to stop individuals within that group.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sorry if I seem unattached to the current popular mindset, I forgot to care what color everyone was.

20. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I've seen that he felt his white male privilege threatened by a place that helps women. I hate humans.