AD Situation

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Oct 31, 2016.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

How much does the AD situation have to do with Butch's fate this season? Surely Hart will not fire anyone on his way out. We need to get Blackburn in here asap. But how plausible is that happening?

2. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

I don't know, but I don't want Hart anywhere remotely involved with any decisions.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think at this point Hart has no power and is basically a figure head until the new AD is announced.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hart isn't firing anyone. I'd be shocked if any new AD is rolling into campus in January and making the first order of business to shit can the coach of the highest profile sport at the university. I think it would take some sort of off the field issue forcing the AD's hand for Botch to be fired after this season.

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Unless they already have Gruden in the wings.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Well, yeah. I'm going to assume that is an unlikely scenario until proven otherwise.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Maybe there's something to Hurd being put back in with an injury against UGA. It was around that time the shitstorm clouds started forming.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The VQ crew have said multiple times that they appear content to hire a chancellor before hiring an AD. Since the ETSU President turned down double his salary to become the new one, they had to go back to the drawing board. I think they are now down to 4 finalists..2 men, 2 women.

As for Blackburn, I am skeptical that he will be much change for the better. The way the VQ crew seem to be clamoring for him, it seems that it will just be more of the same ole same ole good ole boy crap that has infected Tennessee for so long.

9. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I think the wheels could completely fall off this season and because of our situation Lyle would still be here in 2017.

10. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

I say send Hart packing tomorrow, let fulmer be interim AD and have him hire a gruden type. Allowing the interim give saban/harbough like control to the new coach absolves new chancellor/AD, and fulmer gets to ride off into the sunset with the legacy of saving the program. Then bring in blackburn and let him clean house everywhere else.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I like it. But why hire Fulmer when you could have... Peyton.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like the way you're thinking. Rip the band-aid off quickly.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This sounds well thought out. No place within the UT AD for something like that.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Maybe because last time fulmer had an interim job....

15. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Yeah, but I don't think he has any desire to work full time any longer. I really see him being content with his seasonal football camps - and they are just in east TN, right? Correct me if I am wrong, y'all know more than I do.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's part owner of an investment company in knoxville. Not sure how steady or grueling his hours are but he's working.

17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Isn't that more of a "Come by on Wednesday and have lunch with Phil. You know he works here now, right?"

18. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

fulmer as AD.... how similar would this be (other than the obvious) to Alvarez at Wisconsin?

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

awesome scenario.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Brice seemed to act like Fulmer as interim AD was a possibility.