Advice Request.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hatvol96, Feb 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I owned a Droid Incredible (which was a higher end Droid at the time) and now own the 4s. There is no comparison. The droid battery sucks ass and I had to charge it multiple times a day. (Apparently this seems to be pretty consistent throughout the droid market) The droid's apps would also randomly stop working and various functions of the phone would occasionally stop working. (This was usually fixed by a hard reset) The iPhone just works. I would definitely recommend it.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've tried the yahoo app and i'm not a huge fan. it also sporadically checks my email. sometimes it checks it all day, sometimes i'll get 10 emails without a notification. blackberry for all it's issues is vastly superior in this regard.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Do you have the yahoo app it the yahoo email app? The yahoo app sucks, but the email app usually tells me of emails before I even get them on a computer

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

email app. i've googled it and apparently this is an issue with the new droid opperating system.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I use my phone for bidness, so the use of generic email systems yahoo / gmail isnt an option for me. I use Outlook, which can be setup for Droids (I did it), but it's a pain in the ass, and connectivity always seemed to be a ranodm issue (what Droski described, earlier).

Fortunately, I have the iPhone 4S, which connected in only a couple of steps :

1. Take out of box.
    2. Turn on.
    3. Go to: Settings / Email / Setup /
    4. Enter Outlook username / password
    5. Admire how quickly and easily shit just got worked out.
    6. Smugly thumb nose at people who use other phones, and for stupid assed reasons, like screen size.
    7. Pop collar
    8. Return to daily activities of cracking necks / cashing checks.

6. Tenacious D

Fyp.

7. Tenacious D

I had forgotten about the battery issue - I had to carry an extra one with my droid.

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

The battery does get raped by 4g, but I can pretty much do anything I want with a Droid without having to jailbreak it. That was my big thing.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My phone crapped out 2 weeks before verizon had the iphone, but i consider the droid superior in everything but email, battery life, and number of apps. not that those things are insignificant.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Heretic

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have a Droid and it's fine for what I use it for.

12. Tenacious D

Putting it on vibrate before shoving it into your front pocket and ordering your gay lover to repeatedly call you?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You quit calling

14. Tenacious D

Fyp

15. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

This might be the shortest response I've every seen you write TD haha

16. Tenacious D

Damn.

17. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

This was technically shorter!

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

iphone 4s is how I roll. It's my 4th iphone and likely won't be the last. I can't think of any reason to switch at this point and I've heard nothing of the droids that makes me think I might find it easier to use or better in operating.

If I want 4G type speeds for movie watching, then the debate is about the ipad.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The thing I like about my 4G Droid is that I plug in my HDMI cable and watch HBOGO series on my flat screen. Pretty sweet. I have to admit, I never have messed with an iphone so my frame of reference is limited. I am with Verizon and I went to the Driod before iphones were available there. I have been satisfied so never saw the need to change. AT&T reception sucks in my area so the iphone was never an option.