Advising President-Elect Trump

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Nov 14, 2016.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Ok. I don't disagree with your premise, I just don't think this is a fitting example of an outburst.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, this is how I am regarding Hillary. I just don't even care to defend her, because even if I think the attack is unfair she just isn't really worth it.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My deal is that I believe that Trump is absolutely unfit for office but that we have a lot better chance of surviving it relatively unscathed if the temperature of the political climate comes down considerably. The problem with Trump is that he takes everything so personally. I actually think he'll get some things done that are good for the country if we will just quit jabbing him in the eye with a stick. I realize that he completely asks for said jabs, but he is not some over the top ideologue that wants to turn America into 1930s Spain or even 1950s Ohio. Fundamentally, I think he wants to do a good job but can't get his ego out of the way long enough to do it.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

When it comes to the political/social views related to same sex marriage and the 600,000 whites died for you blacks and you still can't say thanks crowd, I don't have a hard time deciding where I stand.

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I have two questions or points; or whatever:

I read this the other day (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fashion...stry-to-refuse-to-dress-melania-trump-flotus/) and am really confused. Wasn't it just recently that we were all killing that bakery for refusing to cater a gay wedding because they disagreed with their beliefs? Progressives and conservatives are both full of shit. Completely full of shit. I also contend that 90% of this country is actually centrist in their views and really do not identify wholly with either party.

As for the race conversations that I see daily on social media - I need to know what black people want me to do. Serious question. I'm not ducking responsibility, I'm just not sure what I need to do. I teach my children inclusion of all races. Beyond that, should I be doing something else? Does the black community have any responsibility to do anything? Also, a serious question because I don't know. Being in the military so long, I am friends with a multitude of people of a different ethnicities. I asked them the same question and there was really no answer except don't vote for Trump and you won't be a racist. I'm at a loss.

6. JayVols

Valid points/questions.

My only answer is to keep on what you are doing. I teach my kids to respect all groups. I can live with that even if it's not viewed as being enough.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Trump saying "millions" of people voted illegally in the election and he actually won the popular vote.

For the love of God, dude, shut up. Someone change his twitter password, take away his computers, have a shock collar on him that goes off when he logs into anything on the computer.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/27/politics/donald-trump-voter-fraud-popular-vote/index.html

This is a horrible thing to allege with zero proof, especially after you won.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah. just stop.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

10. JayVols

It's just getting started.

Wait until he's actually President. When do the book burnings commence?

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think she's an egomaniac that will convince herself she his doing what is best for the country by running for office. I don't think there is any chance in hell she rides off into the sunset. she considers herself way too important for that.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

She's doing the tv circuit now.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't know what you're basing the idea that she's an egomaniac, but I'm about as near 100% sure as can be that she won't run for president

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've heard her speak for 8 years and she's used to getting her balls washed constantly by sycophants. I guarantee you she seeks public office somewhere.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How sure were you Trump was going to lose?

17. Unimane

So have I and I still don't get the idea that she's an egomaniac. She gets support because she's been a good First Lady and, until the end of this campaign, pretty apolitical. Even then, she wasn't speaking much on policy, if at all. It ain't happening.

18. Unimane

I think my highest point here was about 75-80%, which was accurate up until about a week to go in the race. I'm way more sure about this one, though. Way more.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

agree to disagree. she considers herself a very important individual

20. Unimane

Well, she is the First Lady. To me, though, egomaniac is Ted Cruz, Twitter Don, Anthony Weiner, Butch Jones, etc.