Afghan Book Burning

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Feb 22, 2012.

1. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

You can say the hip bones's connected to the [penis] bone(saying Al Qaeda and the Taliban are the same) but in fact they're different. Your right in saying we were fighting Al Qaeda elements in Afghanistan initially, but for the most it was the Taliban fighters trying to stay in power. Bin Laden was the biggest reason for going into Afghanistan(The leader of Al Qaeda). The Taliban were running Afghanistan from 96-01 and they were not going to give him up. So began in never ending war. TB want to be a recognized government in Afghanistan and Al Qaeda are more of a world wide threat.

I was just pointing out that Al Qaeda wasn't in charge of Afghanistan and pushing the Taliban out of power quickly became the goal when the fighting started. I wasn't there and didn't receive the mission brief. I do know that Bin Laden was the target the US was going after. The last part of your post....i feel it.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also have a preacher in Iran scheduled to be executed because he refuses to recant Christianity. Evidently there isn't anything we can do for him.