After sleeping

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 20, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm still pissed off. It's been awhile since I stayed this mad over a loss. I never had faith in Butch, even his wins felt like losses. Dooley was Dooley.

The coaching staff took it to Alabama. The players took it to Alabama. The defense wasn't great, but they contained that offense. That's about all you can do. Nigel Warrior has played extremely well after not being very good for 3 years. Darrell Middleton is becoming a force in the middle of the defense. Emerson is the most consistent dlineman on the team and Butler has been a decent pass rusher.

Tennessee ran the ball on Alabama. Right now, Tim Jordan has emerged as a viable running back, which is good to see.

Guarantano shouldn't dress for a Tennessee game again.

The officiating was beyond awful. I can't fully describe how God awful it was. When every other team's fan base takes to Twitter to say Tenn got screwed, it's not an excuse, it's a legitimate reason.

Pruitt has grown as a head coach. His three consecutive timeouts before the end of the half was hilarious. He smelled blood in the water on Tennessee's first possession in the 3rd quarter and he went all out. A phantom holding call killed it. The team wasn't overwhelmed, they played their asses off and got hosed.

There's two things that would have made last night better, a win and Pruitt beating an official half to death at the whistle.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt horse cussed Weinke in the 3rd quarter over JG, which was funny to see. Then Jauan Jennings takes the snap, scores and Wanya is called for a hold while he's standing over the guy he's blocking. He cusses Weinke some more

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah i slept like 2 hours. True fresh QB with freshmen on each end blocking NFL draft picks in their house and standing toe to toe def leads to a better outlook. Its all about the QB and always has been imo. For a long time. Not just this year and not just our team. Good one can make a bad coach better and a bad one can kill a good coach's career.
    We need this SC win pretry badly imo. It'll be interesting to see how we handle it. We have to be physically and mentally zapped this week after a long few week and all the bs from last night.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Shrout going up against Muschamp doesn’t give me a lot of confidence. Have to think he’s a turnover machine.

We might play this game so conservatively on offense that you’ll have to squint to see if we actually ran a play or if your cable feed froze. Over under should be 13.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

It’s seriously time for Jennings at QB

Tenacious D and utvol0427 like this.
  6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Also, I didn’t see the hold on Wanya, but Tim Priest said it was a bad call. Also, the unnecessary roughness on DT is probably the worst call I’ve ever seen. Seriously.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

South Carolina's qb has one good leg, to top it off. There may be 20 passes attempted, combined

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Wayna didn't hold. It was a complete horseshit call

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Memtownvol likes this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Refs screwed us at the worst times last night. Not much else to say. Outside of JG this team is getting better and I'm very encouraged.

chavisut likes this.
  10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I wasn’t happy at all with the officiating, worse than bad. I thought our linemen on both sides hit bama in the mouth and they weren’t expecting that.

I believe the play Guarantano fumbled was a run to the outside because Trey had pulled and sealed the edge and we walk in.

All these people crying about Pruitt “grabbing” Guarantano’s face mask. Need to just shut up!

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Let’s do a little revisionist history math.

We had two red zone drives killed by BS penalties, correct? Did they both end up with us scoring 3? At least one of them had Jennings make it into the end zone. So let’s say we come away with 10 there instead of 6. That makes it 17-21 at the time we stopped them in their territory before the Darrell Taylor BS personal foul. That gives us the ball in good field position down a single score with I think around 7 minutes left in the third. Or, if one of those aforementioned red zone trips is a TD instead of a field goal, it’s a tie game.

Tie game against a one dimensional offense and an injured punter. Looks pretty favorable.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He needs at least a few packages with at least 10-15 plays.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. chavisut

Refs killed momentum with terrible calls.

Like kp said, should have been 21-17 in good position with all the momentum. Tim Jordan and the OL were pushing hard at that point.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is when you knew Tennessee was about to go in with no lube...then the refs said nope

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

First time in a long time I was too angry to sleep. Oddly enough, feels kinda good.

Just don't quit. This team is getting better. We actually look like a Tennessee O and D line at times. Just don't quit. All 5 games left are winnable.

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and Ssmiff like this.
  16. chavisut

Skycam view of the sneak will make you sick.

TBSVOL and lol vol like this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I saw it earlier and cant find it. Came to see if anyone had linked it. Un. Real.
    Pretty confident Pruitt wanted to rip jgs facemask off his [uck fay]ing helmet and caught himself last second.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

19. lol vol

lol vol Member

The targeting rule sucks. I understand the desire to create a safer game, but if a player is diving head first, how in the hell is a defense supposed to prevent forward progress?

20. chavisut

Take out the ejection portion at least.