After thinking about it for a few days.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It does have a sales pitch vibe to it. Almost like they’re trying to convince skeptical fans like me that I ought to be more accepting of the hire since Sam Bradford and Drew Lock are speaking up for him. I remember clearly the full page ad former Vols took out sticking up for Fulmer right before he got canned in ‘08...

If you have to sell this as hard as UT is selling it, that’s an indication that they know the deal... Alabama didn’t have to sell Saban. Georgia didn’t have to sell Kirby. Texas isn’t pumping Sark like this either... it just doesn’t pass the smell test with me.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

jmo, y’all are trying too hard

PilotFlyingJ and Volsdude like this.
  3. Savage Orange

Maybe... we’ll see. I do like the fact that Heupel is apparently prioritizing recruiting right away. I’d like to know what’s going on with the DC situation but I’ll give White/Heupel credit for keeping a tight lid on info getting out.

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Could also be a sign that after three failed hires we finally have something worth selling. The sales pitch is as much or more for recruiting as fans.

5. Savage Orange

The Pruitt hire was worth selling, at least initially. Dude came in with a championship pedigree and completely flamed out, flame broiled burger style...

Wait, that’s Hardee’s, not McDonalds..

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I mean, in hindsight, he was a coordinator for well-oiled machines. He wishes he had Heupel's head coaching resume.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

can we wait and see if Heupel can do anything before we decide he is an obvious upgrade?

A-Smith and InVolNerable like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On paper, he is. I have my doubts on him being successful here, but his resume as a head coach doesn't look too bad.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

we're on message boards, we get that luxury.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Can we wait and see how White and Heupel do their jobs before calling them failures and bad hires?

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

No.

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Learned all I needed to know about White when he showed up to the press conference without a tie on.

What an entitled [Penis] IMO JMO.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes

14. VOLinDAWGland

And that's what we have to sell, so sell it, sell it hard. What's wrong with that? We're not the target audience.

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

I see what you did there

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Prime example is Dave Remmington. Guy was a beanpole when arrived on campus and ended up looking like Brock Lesner.

[​IMG]

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The fanbase isn't?

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Danny White requires more positivity

19. VOLinDAWGland

We are a rather well informed and fairly cynical subset of the fanbase. I was referring specifically this group. Yes the general fan IS definitely part of the target audience.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's true. I know what Heupel's done, he ran Leach/Mangino's offense and learned from Stoops. He should be a really good head coach