POLITICS Again, is every Liberal a racist?

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

chocolate. Interesting

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't see the big issue. Young people dressing up in stupid costumes shouldn't be that big of a deal.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

What if you didn't rape someone, but they accused you of raping them? Should you mention that in the confession?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would say yes, and lay out everything. I.e., "I was accused, here's what happened, this was the legal outcome," etc.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I could see where it would be insensitive to some, but intent should be figured in. Was that dude trying to have fun be a haram leader and darken his face as all the cartoons were growing up, and how we all picture in our heads. Or was he taking a racial stab with his face and actions. Many people don't know of its 19th century origin and why. If someone wants to go as Kanye or 50 to Halloween and can do his face and teeth up, he shouldn't be an automatic racist. If the intent is something else, then it is racist. Enough with blanketing everything without thinking.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Do you find it odd that another picture has surfaced this quickly after the first? I’m not suggesting conspiracy or anything. Just that people had to know these existed. Interesting how certain things just get ignored. I think I am implying double standard. These aren’t intellectually honest arguments most of the time. Hardly any of the time.

7. cpninja

cpninja Member

allegations of racism hit different coming from a zealot of the white nationalist POTUS(and other various racist affiliates), but I'm absolutely here for dragging any and all racists regardless of where they sit on the political spectrum

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It seems as if some friends recently became enemies.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

However Trudeau did this in a very different time than the VA governor did. I get that it isn’t necessarily a white supremacy move but it’s definitely racially insensitive. Doesn’t make him horrible or the devil. A lot of people do it not realizing how offensive it is to some. And you have to own that.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What in the holy hell is going on up there?

11. Tenacious D

I think this is good advice even if you don’t run for office.

12. Tenacious D

And just look at how you’ve turned out.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Two -

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47162714

Now the threshold of having two confirmed cases of blackface has been reached, I can only assume the question must be asked; Is every conservative a racist? Hell, both of these people are even American, not needing to cross any borders for their racists.

14. Tenacious D

Wait, what?

Walk me across the intellectual bridge you’ve fashioned between those who are “white nationalists” and “racists”, real quick.

I’m white, and believe that America is the greatest country on earth. I would defend defend it against its enemies and would violently oppose and viciously fight against any infringement of its national sovereignty - either by force or surrender.

That makes me racist?

15. Tenacious D

I don’t think either should resign, for the record.

While offensive today, it wasn’t at all and at either time. If I felt that either would be so crazily insensitive enough to do so today, I’d say they had to go, but I don’t think either of them believe that way, or would, today.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I bet Tenny isn't even afraid to share a picture of an American flag on his facebooks.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Me either.

We should take him out by force.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Uh oh. Somebody got triggered.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I say invade Canada and let a Haliburton company take over maple syrup production.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yep, I'm in my room here throwing shit and yelling at walls.