Ainge and Swain lay it all out there

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

You summed it up perfectly. It's bad enough to live here. The talk radio here is just added punishment.

2. WM

WM Active Member

I have become a huge fan of sober Ainge.

3. WM

WM Active Member

That Black Ops truck looks like shit tho.

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Ainge's show is pretty fantastic. I've started to listen to it quite a bit.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have as well. He's thoroughly entertaining, knowledgeable, and not so full of himself that you can't stand him.

6. WM

WM Active Member

I think having the kid totally grounded him and enabled him to do a complete 180. It's something that makes you step back and take value of your life and what you need to do to affect the people around you in a positive manner. Of course that's not the case for everyone but he seems to have got it and in the same instance has found his true calling.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If there is a radio war coming, count me in as a TSR freedom fighter. I'll call into the Sports Animal, then hang up and not listen.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

It would be much better if you called and said "You Need to Back Up!"

9. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Doc said he doesnt get why people want gruden.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hyams doesn't have anything nice to say about Dooley and really belittled some guy that called in talking about how much we improve every week.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Bill Meade makes Doc, Jeff and Heather seem reasonable. The worst guy in the history of sports radio.

12. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

This. Absolutely. Without a doubt. I always liked his high school football and basketball broadcasts, though.

13. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I am also in the Tri-Cities and listen to the Sports Monster in the mornings (Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Bobby Radar and Kenny Hawkins - Tuesday/Thursday Bobby Radar and "Bud") - and in the afternoons to Bill Meade. I've listened to Bill since he came on the air for the first time in like 1990. I have always liked him quite a bit - sometimes I disagree with him but I think he's overall pretty knowledgeable and fair. However, with this Dooley thing he really has been as Doolified as it comes. He argues the usual points that you hear the naysayers argue - how do you know Gruden would be better, the buyout cost, Dooley came into such a mess, etc. Bobby Radar in the morning is taking that same stance. I don't know what it is with the WXSM announcers but they are seemingly very, VERY anti Gruden and pro Dooley. I've never heard anything like it. And like I said, I enjoy listening to them for the most part. Honestly, after the past month or so it go to the point last week where I would listen to anything else just because it was 90% callers blasting Dooley out of the water and the announcers going nuts on them. So the Dool-Aid is still flowing in the Tri-Cities. We'll see if it changes tomorrow but I highly, highly doubt it. They'll laud that close loss against USC as progress.

14. Flashman

Flashman New Member

I could see myself doing that the next time I have a vacation day!

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Tomfoolery

Solid.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There will come a day when he gets on one of his self righteous kicks that i will not be able to contain myself and call in and ask what his sons autopsy report showed.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I love Rick and bubba, and if have to think that sports show that spun off of them would have to be entertaining although I've never heard it.

18. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

My friend says the same... Both are of low intellectual fortitude!

19. netnvol

netnvol Member

I've yet to understand how people make the "how do you know Gruden would be better" argument. That's like asking "well, how do you know drinking water would be better than drinking bleach?"

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

For those in the Tri, I love listening to the 640 guys in the morning. Bobby is a Dooley guy, but he's in the "bubble" so to speak. He never berates or comes across as an ass. I think he's a good dude. Kenny Hawkins cracks me up. I like Kenny and what he brings. Bud is the more aggressive of the bunch and can come across a little cheeky, but nothing major. None of them are deeply embedded to bring great info, but they provide a good outlet to discuss sports that I enjoy.

Despite what I said, I like Bill Meade. The guy's local sports passion, knowledge, and broadcasts are very good. I just think that he comes off a bit orange colored glasses too often. I don't mind his passion as much as I do his shouting down callers from time to time. It's not too often that happens, but it does happen. It's kind of funny when he gets worked up. He sounds just a touch like Porky Pig when he talks with his stammering around. I give them props for bring an ESPN Radio station to town. I just wish they would go FM. When the sun goes down, I have a hard time tuning them in unless I listen to the stream.