Ainge

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 15, 2012.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Ainge said he offered to work with Bray for free as well. Ainge said Dooley didn't want former players coming in and helping.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

VFL guess has it boundaries

3. robvols

robvols Member

It gets me to ask this question: How can you develop a VFL program. and not allow former players to help with present players?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why the hell do you coach at Tennessee if you aren't going to use what that means? That stuff is unforgivable.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I actually think Ainge could do Bray some good. Ainge got a lot of mileage off of properly reading and finding the open man.

6. robvols

robvols Member

Now what if Peyton offered to help Bray out for free, and Dooley turns him down.

Houston.....................WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Created for show, imo.

8. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

It just shows Dooley's insecurities in not letting former players be involved; it's so freaking stupid.

9. robvols

robvols Member

Here is one name that hasn't been mentioned in the EITHER THREE YEARS OR YOUR OUT CATEGORY:

Ty Willingham, who is now a volunteer assistant coach for the Stanford Cardinal's Women's Golf Team.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It also paints himself as outside of the Tennessee family. And he's the one doing the painting.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Dooley seems like the finger painting type.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's scared they'll undermine the staff

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which says everything about the staff.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which says everything about the staff.

15. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Examples like this are why he is not well liked and the fan base and boosters have turned on him. He is not an approachable or likeable type of guy. It's no wonder why his teams are so bad fundamentally and discipline wise. He just doesn't have the personality to succeed as a head coach. I know people will say Saban is like this, yes but Saban is also a great recruiter, something Dooley flat out isn't.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pablo Prickasso

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That completely misses the crux of the issue, IMO. Saban is the baddest son of a [itch bay] in the room and doesn't mind acting like it. His way is the only way, and his way works. That's why he recruits, it's why he can coach, and it is why "jerk" is probably an accurate but woefully incomplete description. Dooley fusses around passing blame and tries to convince everybody how smart he is while trying to figure out what the hell is going on and why nothing he tries to do is working.

It is like comparing Darth Vader to Daffy Duck. "Jerk" might describe both, but that doesn't put them in the same category.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That is the best description I believe I've read