AJ named in sexual assault

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 17, 2014.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I can't believe you're still on this point. BPV and others annihilated you the last time you brought it up.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're going to have to explain that one to me. I don't see how her credibility is affected at all. If anything, she has no reason to lie whatsoever.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I just don't understand how a college aged (or any aged) girl going back to her home state/town after allegedly being sexually assaulted proves anything about anything.

If I was the victim of a crime I'd want to be with my family.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I know, huffman, chicks just live for this stuff, right?

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So both sides are swinging for the fences in this?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, which I think indicates to everyone but the most diehard cynic that something inappropriate certainly happened. Doesn't mean Johnson is guilty, just means there is a knot of a story that needs to be untied.

7. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I figure that any negotiated conclusion would land the 2 men on the sex offenders list,so they're holding their line.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's my guess too.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Any idea when we will know if he did it or not? My mom's boss got me a signed photo (he even framed it) of AJ and two other Vols, but I don't know that I want a photo of a rapist hanging on my wall.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'd speculate that it will be a year until trial, at the very least.

On a positive note, I'm not sure why anyone would have wanted to frame any picture of AJ, or to exhibit it in their home or office, even before the rape allegations. So, I'd go ahead and put it away.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's a picture of three vol favorites (signed by each) from what could potentially be the team that "turned it all around" and "put us on the right track" towards national relevance again (nah, I'm not holding my breath either). What's wrong with that?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nothing.

If found guilty, Sab will still take them.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Might even be able to get a 6 pack out of it.

14. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Trial date August 24th 2015... then off to the booty house.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

AJ was a senior. You aren't referring to last year as some sort of turn around are you? The team that narrowly escaped Vanderbilt to make a bowl? There may be a turn around, but it didn't involve AJ Johnson.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Butch can somehow figure this shit out and start winning shit that matters, the first year we went to a bowl (and won) in however long will certainly be looked back on as a turning point.

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

On my birthday.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Rumor on VN that Von Pearson sexually assaulted a girl. Per the OP, nothing seemed concrete from what I've read but hey, it's UT, so nothing is out of the question.

20. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

One of the guys on VQ, who was pretty on point about the AJ situation, says it's going to hit the news soon.