Akron comes to town

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 11, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We open up as FIFTY (50) point favorites.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would definitely take Akron on that line.

Tar Volon likes this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

MSU just beat them 52-0.

4. NorrisAlan

I just dont think we are going to be quite in the game, looking forward to Florida.

Tar Volon likes this.
  5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Depth should be getting PLENTY of reps this game.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah that’s a lot of points. I wouldn’t be surprised if we covered but I don’t think I’d risk my hard earned $10 on it

A-Smith likes this.
  7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

But would you risk $5?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Keep in mind they are rolling out a different QB and will seemingly be adjusting the calls to his strengths, so I expect they will do a bit better than zero points scored.

9. NorrisAlan

So in other words, we lose.

Thanks, IP.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm fairly optimistic about this season and have been. I don't think it is reasonable to duplicate what happened between Akron and Michigan State, and won't be disappointed with a 5 score win.

11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I don’t think I could ever take a favorite in a 50 point spread in a college football game. I mean UGA just beat samford 33-0 after being up 30-0 at halftime.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not unless you had very good reason to believe they would try to run up the score.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

$4.99

14. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

In these schedule situations does the staff just go ahead and do a two week prep for Florida, or do they prep for Akron?

15. NorrisAlan

I imagine they run a pretty vanilla practice, not really going for Akron but fixing issues they had against Pitt, then go hard on Florida next week.

But I have never played football, so don't really know how these things are handled. I bet the word Florida doesn't come up once this week, though

Volokie and IP like this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I only played HS football, but I can't fathom not fully focusing specifically on the next week's opponent during practice leading up to the game. I still remember Pruitt actually admitting at his post Georgia State presser that they didn't even really study Georgia State. After last week's chaos throughout the sport, I hope we always take every opponent seriously and prepare adequately

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

You should prep for your coming week's opponent, no matter what their level is. They will probably run something you will see later on in the season. Now if you feel satisfied with how your team is taking in the game prep, maybe you throw in some install for Florida one day, but devoting the whole week to Florida is absolutely stupid, IMO.

For instance, Akron has a mobile qb, so the focus for DL this week you would think would be to collapse the pocket without leaving your rushing lanes and containing the QB, which directly helps us with our next two games in Florida and LSU. Obviously the kid isn't as good as Richardson or Daniels, but you can form a good baseline of what to teach your players based on how they perform in game prep vs how they do in game, and use that for practice later on.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    InVolNerable, CardinalVol, IP and 3 others like this.
  18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Objective here is to be up 35-0 at half, see if Milton shows any signs for a drive or two in the 3rd, and be in my car by the time the 4th quarter starts.

A-Smith, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, they prep for Akron

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This goes against everything I was taught at the Jeremy Pruitt coaching clinic.