Akron Guess How We Play Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 21, 2012.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This. (Although it would imply only one missed extra point.)

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It will be a dud of a game. The 8th tailgate will provide more excitement.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I've also learned that those negatives are turned into positives on toos and that he has 15 years to clean up the mess Kiffin made by recruiting Nuke Richardson.

4. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I am going to go with a 43-38 win for us if Teague is starts at corner and doesn't get yanked. Akron will sling the ball everywhere and if we don't get pressure on them, they will be successful.

If Teague gets benched, then I say 43-24. Teague has earned the nickname Toast forevermore. He's been burned more times than any pyromaniac has. Hell, I am not a genius, but if you're not fast enough for WR, then why in the hell are you trying to cover one?

And if we lose, I say the over/under on moving vans and for sale signs at Dooley's house will be 25 mins.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

25 mins?

Is Teague delivering them?

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Very astute observation imo jmo tifwiw

7. JayVols

Funny

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I'm going to say we win in a blowout. Although at the same time it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we come out flat and ended up losing just from sheer lack of motivation.

And yeah, dead serious about the second sentence. Our coaching staff is that putrid.

9. JayVols

I don't see why you would question motivation...

We just apparently have a very small gas tank.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I gave up at work today. Seeing as how I'll still go in on Monday, it means I didn't quit.

11. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I am going with 41-10 with a missed extra point and field goal.

Buddy of mine took our tickets (6 together, lower level) down to a scalper he has used for 20+ years today. The guy sawing him coming, laughed, and waved goodbye to him. So we gave them away to some folks in the neighborhood that never get to go games. I am tired of going to see crappy opponents or see us play poorly against good opponents. As a result I am tired a lot lately. So I will stay on the golf course a few hours longer and watch the inspiring game on the tube.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Impossible for that score with the stipulations you gave road trip.

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Unless he means a missed ep & a missed fg.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think that's safe to assume.

Vols win 37-34 in OT after a litany of missed kicks and failed tries. Either Akron gets the ball first and gets a FG and UT scores a TD to win, or CP kicks a FG a la Chad Johnson and Akron misses theirs.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I think you mean cp kicks a fg a la aj scoring a td

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I'm guessing I'm going to have more luck fishing than Tennessee will stopping Akron's passing game. If my luck is really good, I'll likely miss the first part of the game. Eh well.

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

and to the passing game. Why not give Bonner and McNeil their chance to prove themselves? Sure they could make the typical youngster mistakes, but are those really worse than what we have going on now? If you ask me, Coleman isn't that much better than Teague.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mentally he's not, but he does have good measurables

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Whether the secondary grows from this game or not, at least they should have the opportunity to gain more experience. I am now hesitant to expect much improvement, but I guess we'll see.

20. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Lets go zips