Alabama Hate - A Hate From Old Times

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LunaFreak, Oct 25, 2014.

1. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

See I don't hate Alabama. I have a burning desire to beat them because for most of my 43 years they have been the gold standard in this league.

3. Coastypop

Coastypop New Member

I have hated them because most of my 63 yrs they have kicked our ass

Still hate em

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Less their fanbase I completely agree.

There used to be a time where that feeling was mutual across the board. Heres to the day (whenever it comes) that it gets back to that.

5. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I was fortunate enough to witness, and be old enough to appreciate, a glorious 8 year run, the Mike Price fiasco, Franchionne leave them feeling like a jilted (cousin) lover, and watch them eat each other alive with envy during our "decade of dominance."

Now...we have surpassed them in every possible category, the wrong way.

F**k Bama.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

+1

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I just hate em. I guess its because I had it rubbed in my face when i was child. Then when we dominated them during the Peyton years and a few years after my hate when down a little. I will never let that happen again.

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I don't hate them but I want to beat them more than anyone else. In 2006 I came down with a bad case of staph infection from a cut - and landed in the hospital for a time and missed over a month of work. I basically willed myself into getting better in time for the Bama game because I had tickets and had never been to a "big time" game at UT. I constantly try to forget losing to Vandy the prior year as that was my first ever UT SEC game. I thought seriously about hurling myself over the railing so I wouldn't have to see another Vandy fan get in my face walking out of the stadium.

But there was something special about the Bama game and you could just feel it. Listening to the older people around me telling stories about how much they wanted to beat Alabama and being there so many years when Bryant would come in and kick our ass gave me a new appreciation for the Bama rivalry. I grew up as a teenager in the 90s so my hatred was for Florida and I wanted to beat Bama. But from that day on I realized what it really means to so many people to beat Alabama. To see old men break down and cry when we won was a really neat feeling.

And I lost all respect (what little I had) for their fans during that game in 06 when one of our players went down with an injury and of course those morons cheered their asses off. If anyone was offended by the small F-U Florida chant a few weeks ago they would have been irate in 06 during the Bama game. My dad told me after the game when I called him that the FU Bama reaction by the ENTIRE stadium was the loudest chant he had ever heard on TV in unison. The chant went from 7 year old kids to 87 year old women that day.

We don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama, the whole state of Alabama, the whole state of Alabama, we don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama we're from T-E-N-N-E-S-S-E-E.

9. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

Well, I hate them. Win streak, lose streak, don't give a frog's fat ass. I hate them.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Round the bowl, down the hole, roll Tide roll

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

**** bama.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was the most well deserved **** you chant ever. I believe it was Coker that had hurt his knee on either a kick off or punt.

Also, that 06 game saw a drunken Alabama fan in the upper deck get his ass whipped by 2 pride of the southland members.

The band would split up into groups and play rocky top in the upper deck (I haven't seen them do this since 07). A drunk bama fan took a swing at one of the band members and two others beat the shit out of him. The KPD took him out in cuffs.

13. Beechervol

Was there too.

Their freakin band started playing when Coker was down on the turf with trainers around him. The chant, it was "loud".

14. Beechervol

Oh yeah, and Lol at getting your ass whipped by a band member.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I remember seeing a great grandmother, with an antique knitted sweater, screaming "boo you, Alabama, boo you"

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And yeah, Alabama Tennessee games are different than any other. I've been fortunate enough to see Tennessee play all over the country and have right at 80 games in Neyland under my belt.

When Alabama comes to town, the place is just different.

17. Beechervol

Yep.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a natural hatred for all other teams. All.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Vitriol drops through the floor when the series is as uncompetitive as this one has become.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This made my night. Who says 1st trumpets can't be tough?

#VolsButch