Alabama to go after Gregg Marshall

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Volsfan31, Mar 23, 2015.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Nah, you're right. You should pretend the fanbase is oblivious and act as if you've struck gold when you hire a guy people have to Google. Funny that the Alabama fans seem perfectly fine with knowing they have an athletic director who plays for keeps. They aren't pathetic piss ants like the portion of our fanbase who want to act as if the piece of mediocrity we hired in football wasn't about tenth on UT's list. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. That should replace the Maxims for our shitty fanbase.

2. hatvol96

I bet Heat fans would feel so much better about themselves if Pat Riley had held a press conference announcing that Luol Deng was their top target in free agency.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm right about what? Nothing in this post is even remotely close to anything I've said.

I said go out and hire somebody worth a shit without telling everyone about how you failed.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

No, but he did run our football team off a cliff.

5. InVolNerable

I bet Heat fans would feel so much better about themselves if Pat Riley had held a press conference announcing that they tried really hard to resign LeBron, but they didn't get him. But they're still really serious.

6. InVolNerable

Oh, I hate Dave Hart. But I enjoy any opportunity to laugh at Bama.

If at first you don't succeed, make sure to let everyone know about it. Because at least they'll know you're serious.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You are under the idea that everyone doesn't already know. Why pretend? The 24 hour news and now the internet/social media have made covert hires impossible. Admit it and go on. I would find it personally more refreshing that bold face lying to me.

8. InVolNerable

You don't have to pretend, but why admit something you don't have to admit? Especially if everyone already knows.

Just go on and make a hire. Make it a good enough one that people don't have to question it and you can say, "We went out and got the best coach we could" without the possibility of a polygraph going ape shit.

Except in this case. **** Bama. I hope they hire Dave Bliss or Isiah Thomas.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  9. hatvol96

That's exactly what Riley did and nobody had any problem with it. That's because most people live in the real world and understand how things work. Then, there are our fans...

10. InVolNerable

Ah, so all the other top notch free agents must've known he was really serious after that then. They probably hauled in a bunch of great FA's because of it and have built on what they did before.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Been there, done that pal. Good stuff, for sure

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I was talking about Bama's AD.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yeah. Better to tell that drag queen at closing time that she's the first chick you've ever hit on. That way she'll know she's special, and she has to know she's special, right?

Besides, nobody would have known Bama wanted Marshall if Battle hadn't said anything.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

in my mind, he wins by showing a clear commitment to being the best. If he comes to you next, he believes you the best option he has.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yeah, but your ego is so bruised from being number 2 that you pass on the substantial increase in money, exposure, and resources. **** him...you ain't nobody's backup plan.

16. cotton

I just can't see how it hurts anything, and it satisfies the Gumps by positively confirming he is trying to get best available.

Who has ever turned down a job because they were the 2nd interview?

17. InVolNerable

Umm, no. Do you make it a habit to let girls know how many girls you hit on before you got to them? Your analogy is beyond idiotic.

My main point was why announce your failure? I think people would've realized Bama didn't get Gregg Marshall when they announced somebody different. He said no, move on and go get your second choice and announce that.

18. cotton

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it is idiotic. Also, your wife is not fooled.

19. InVolNerable

A petty and worthless retort that brings nothing of value.

20. cotton

I thought, after your last couple of posts, that's how we were playing. My bad.