Alabama vs LSU

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Nov 2, 2011.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I thought arguments for a rematch were predicated on Stanford and Oky St. losing. I agree with you here.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you don't win your conference you dont get a NC shot. seems pretty simple to me.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not rocket science is it?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd like to hear an explanation of how it would be fair for LSU, who has already played the toughest schedule in the country, to have to play Alabama again after having already won the conference title.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Mike and Mike said something kinda stupid this morning, but interesting to ponder "What if LSU gets beaten by Arkansas? Does Alabama get a shot?"

Well... seeing as how Alabama, if they win out, would likely represent the SEC-W in the SEC championship... yea. I think Alabama gets the nod, there.

Means LSU gets tossed to the side, but since they didn't win their conference, no go.

This assuming LSU falls in BCS standing below Alabama after losing to Arkansas, their last game of the season.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they shouldn't. they lost at home to lsu. if this was a road loss i might have some sympathy/.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Alabama wins the conference, then perhaps depending on what is going on with the other top teams. Right now, there are several undefeated teams ahead of them in line even if they did win the SEC.

Stanford deserves a shot. Oklahoma St. has done nothing but win.

Boise State, if undefeated, has an argument (not a good one, but a legit one in terms of the current system).

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Especially with the win coming in Tuscaloosa.

If the home team had won by three, you could make an argument (I wouldn't agree) that a rematch is deserved.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would love for Boise to play LSU and get absolutely trashed. That would end the conversation about Boise being great.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rematches are never uniformly deserved in the current system. That is what some seem to not get. The circumstances have to be just right imo.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

They would get housed to the tune of 49-13, I suspect. Would set their program back 5 years in terms of credibility.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's exactly where i am at.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think Alabama plays Les Miles "undefeated in regular minutes" argument if they are the one loss SEC champions. I'd be shocked though if both Stanford and Oklahoma St win out. I could see one of those two teams falling. More likely Oklahoma St, but Oregon and Stanford could be interesting. Will be a lot of points scored.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oklahoma State has me believing they are real for the first time this year. That means they are sure to lose.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

stanford has problems with fast teams. oregon will score on them without problem. though luck might put 50 on oregon. should be a good game.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i see oklahoma state losing to oklahoma.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too, by a lot.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I haven't Stanford at all this year. What kind of defense do they have? Oregon seems to have issues with big physical defenses.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

their d is decent, but their best player by far is out for the season. their dline is good and that has been a problem for oregon in teh past, but their lb and secondary speed sucks. a lot of slow white boys a la ND.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

not so sure about that. I think Okie State will bring it.