Alcoa vs. Maryville 2012

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by DarthVisor, Jul 9, 2012.

1. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Wasn't sure if anybody had got to read the actual press release yet or not, so here ya go.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2012/07/2012kickoff/

CardinalVol is probably way ahead of me on this. It looks like there are some other interesting games on that weekend. Ensworth is playing at Lexington Catholic that same weekend.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just want to know how new providence is going to pull this off.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Byrnes vs. Oscar Smith will be a good one.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Two goliaths in their own minds. I'd love to see them jump on somebody like DeLasalle or Pahokee and get their brains pounded out so they would shut the hell up and know their roles.

5. CardinalVol

I'm actually very interested in seeing how Ensworth looks against LC.

Gillman and Moeller will be another good one.

6. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I'm excited about watching Ensworth. I've never got to see them play, but I've always heard they are pretty dang good.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Ensworth is good, but I don't think they are on the same level as Maryville and Alcoa if that tells you guys anything.

8. hatvol96

What that tells me is that they have no business playing in a nationally televised game.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Thread isn't going as the OP planned, I'm thinking

10. CardinalVol

Emsworth is equal to Maryville IMO.

People can like out our not but these two programs are the two most well known state teams across the nation right now. Its a fun rivalry and is typically a great game.

What's more ironic is most of the older and die hard fans could not care less about how they are perceived and fully realize they are not as good as they are made put to be. To some extent this is true for the coaching staff too.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't know who here said they were equal to all the other nationally recognized programs, either. And, they are easily the two most well known HS football teams in the state.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

They'd beat the bricks off Alcoa. They're on Maryville's level too.

13. hatvol96

Which is like being the two best looking girls on the Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. It's garbage football and putting it on national television will do nothing more than feed the delusions of grandeur both programs suffer.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's high school football, man. I don't understand why you are so worked up about this game.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  15. hatvol96

I don't give the first **** about the game. I'm just not looking forward to watching the local media overhype two programs that couldn't play .500 football in Texas and further venerate Maryville's fraud of a coach.

16. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Why do we even bother fielding high school teams in the state of TN? Geez.

17. CardinalVol

And the truth comes out.....

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This isn't football in Texas. Therefore, they don't need to worry about how they would fare against those teams. No idea how you can hold such anger towards two high school football teams.

19. hatvol96

If you're going to pretend to be nationally relevant, it **** sure does matter how you'd do against the rest of the country.

20. hatvol96

Given the overall quality of play and coaching, that's a good question.