All the good handicappers I've seen are picking Tennessee (+14) over Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is that not him? I don't remember his full name, but that jumped out at me.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

gay

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Middling is lovely.

I often go for a pseudo-middle by taking the ML on the fav and the points on the dog. So using the Thursday game as an example: I might put 100 stanford at -260. Then, say, 40 Washington+7.

And then even if you lose the ML play, you're little bit less pissed off because the 40 dollar play acts as a mini-hedge. On the first night of betting in a given week, I'm a big fan of using the underdog points play as the first game of a parlay. 3 game or 4 game...just whatever you prefer.

So, 100 Stanford at -260. And then 40 parlay Wash+7, Mizzou+2.5, La. Tech-2.5, ULL-6, which would pay 400 if it hits, and basically all you need is to get two games right. The fourth game -- my guy only lets me do up to 4 game parlays* -- is essentially a throw-away game. Just pick any game and go either side on it, but make sure it starts AFTER the rest of your games are over. That way you can hedge it. You'll hear people say that hedging your bets is stupid, but I think it's a smart play in the four game parlay with the final game intentionally chosen to start after the rest are done. I thinnk it's an especially valuable play in a ML parlay, where it's super easy to hedge the bet. You just take your last game as a big favorite, and then you can nicely hedge out the play by tossing a relatively small amount on the other team with the long odds.

I mess with the ML parlay more in basketball than football, though.

*I'm getting an online account in a matter of days so I can have more liberties when need be.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Kev20

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wish I knew something about gambling.

6. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

kidb email me about a solid offshore book and I will steer you in the right direction.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wait, PMs work here? No way!

8. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Picking from the spread on this. Its 13.5. Not sure if these guys will come out ready to play and cover. Of course there is Dooley which leads me to believe they will totally lay down. I picked GA to cover. Right move?

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'd say so.

10. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Thats what I was thinking as well. Playing the pick em on TSR and trying to win the scooter. I was in 3rd. In 15th now thanks to last week.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I was pretty high up in Yahoo's pick em (#15 or something). After last week I dropped down to like #257. Terrible, terrible week for me.

12. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

I feel your pain.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Tennessee will struggle to cover. They usually do.