Alleged: SEC Feeding On-field Officials Info Via Headset

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can't recall if this has been posted, but I'm shocked that it hasn't gotten more attention. I heard Basilio mention it with a guest, albeit in passing. Otherwise, it seems to have gone surprisingly unnoticed, especially for such a potentially far-reaching and scandalous charge - and from such a credible and seemingly certain source.

All emphasis is mine.

I believe that there is a video highlighting one, or both, of the situations addressed, on their site, linked below.
    Link: http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ennessee-sec-officiating-replay-review-102514

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

There's been several SEC games where officiating seemed like something from the Olympic boxing competition, but I honestly don't watch enough random games to compare it to anything.

Deep dark conspiracies are fun, and they do exist, but you'd think someone would've slipped by now.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I forget the direct quote

When Jimmy took his Miami team to South Bend he said don't let it be close or the refs will decide the game

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Al Matthews never needed anybody to tell him to screw the Vols.... he took the initiative.

5. OrangeEmpire

Who was the freak that called the Gaffney touchdown before the ball even crossed the goal line?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I was sitting in a restaurant in Hartford watching that game, and my wife was so embarrassed when I started screaming "that wasn't a touchdown you idiots!"

I still get mad about that game to this very day.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Read the awhile back. There have been more than a few instances where calls have taken seemingly forever to get announced, seemed odd.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife will only go either to a stadium, our house or a select few friends to watch games. She says I embarrass her anywhere else.

9. OrangeEmpire

We all knew it was going to happen.

Field goal after field goal not putting Florida away.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The aforementioned Al Matthews... a Vandy alum. I think he also hosed UT a few other times but the Gaffney hoax TD was the most noteable...

11. OrangeEmpire

[video=youtube;F4wVnjkWHtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4wVnjkWHtI#t=1347[/video]

Start at 22:20

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

My girlfriend says I go from a nice guy who could hang out with anyone to a male antagonist in a Lifetime Original movie.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thanks, OE, I just got some looks from my co-workers when I stood up and yelled "That wasn't a catch, you idiot!"

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

So you go from nice guy to Bill Cosby.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You wanna know what makes me the most angry about this. The mustang package. We gave them the game. Just like LSU did to Bama two weeks ago. How dumb is John Chavis?

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

After the 2007 SC game where we gave up the 21-0 lead, my wife was so embarrassed that she would not go to another game at Neyland with me that year.

Also, one of the most underrated parts of the 98 Florida game replay is Donahue talking about his conversation with Chavis and how bad we were on 3rd down in 97. I laugh every time.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

One of my favorite days in football history is watching Chavis' first game with LSU, and I swear Washington converted like their first 11 third downs.

18. Tenacious D

I just snagged this, from the actual telecast of the Auburn vs. Miss St. game, where Dak Prescott had just been flagged for intentional grounding.

You can see the referee standing on the right. You can never be sure as to what may be going on in his headset, but geez, the refs posture sure seems like the international body language for "I'm listening", to me. But, the SEC's assertion that the communications can only occur between the on-field officials still stands.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let me know if it still isn't showing up. I think I fixed it.

20. Tenacious D

Cash money. Thanks, IP.