Almost totally rid of Lady Vols logo

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Nov 11, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, which is why I find this funny.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If, the women involved, in fact, did want the changes, then it certainly fits in with my charge that the women should be given agency on the changes to the Lady Vol name and symbol. As far as the feminist or sexist determination, I, typically, defer to the women in regards to what they consider those concepts to be for themselves.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  3. Unimane

Don't you usually ask for a link or support for these kinds of statements? It may be true, or it may be a decision made by someone like Hart for these teams. The article, and the comments I've seen suggest that the women desire to keep their current arrangement. If not, then, by all means, let them change it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only team affected where this isn't the case is softball, I think. If it were me, I'd transition things by saying they can keep the name if they'd like, but we won't be ordering any logo but the University of Tennessee's logo for apparel and uniforms. Thus, the "Lady" will fade over a period of 5 to 10 years, like my beloved Crockett logo.

5. Unimane

Oh, I have no questions about what they can do and have the authority to do, I'm just arguing what they should do. If the symbol and name, which still are identified as "The University of Tennessee", are relevant and important to the people whom are affected, I still see no reason for the change, all things being equal.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm a Vol Maoist. We should move in great leaps forward.

7. Unimane

I will start the fire and collect some scrap metal.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Very good point actually.

9. l3rewski

l3rewski Member

Fair thing to ask, but you won't find an article that states what I said. It was a team vote in the case of soccer. Not completely positive about the others. I'm just a photographer, so I don't know much, nor will I share much of the little I do know for fear of losing any trust, but I felt like that fact should be put out there to stifle the idea that all Lady Vols, current and former, want the logo.

And of course local writers are going to focus on current and former LV's against this change; it makes a better story and generates more emotion in the Lady Vol fanbase.

My opinion on the matter: It just makes good common sense, especially in light of UTK implementing the power T as the official logo of the institution. I think keeping the LV logo for WBB is a fair compromise to all involved.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Too bad you guys ain't LVFLs. Might as well go cheer for Alabama.

[​IMG]

#LVFL
    #fullbutch
    #womencouldbeatthemen
    #orangeandblue

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The light blue is bullshit too.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Not even part of the official color palette.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is, actually. Third level color, "Summitt" CMYK 25 0 10 0, or PMS 304.

I set up my business's website subtly borrowing from UT's extended palette.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Damn, I generally don't look past the 2nd level.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure they used blue on the men's jerseys in the Ernie and Bernie days.

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Tight ass shorts.

(hope this helps)

18. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I had never noticed that the women use a different T as their logo. **** them and their Texas T.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

couldn't help myself

[video=youtube;NwzaxUF0k18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwzaxUF0k18[/video]

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I just wish Hart told the women's bball team they had to change as well.

But in fairness, could you imagine how many sweaters would have had to been reknit had the hammer dropped on the women's bball logo as well?