Already came.....The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Oct 5, 2016.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Dunkirk is worth going to. It's really, really good.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

saw an article where some someone complained about not enough main characters being female or of color

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

what?

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you? Or did you hear someone say or see someone write that there is a article that says that?

There was a guy who was part of the movie that said that unfortunately there wasn't because of the setting, and many fake news knee-jerk morons have ran with a twist on that.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is this what passes as a complaint?

"The trio of timelines can be jarring as you figure out how they all fit, and the fact that there are only a couple of women and no lead actors of color may rub some the wrong way," Truitt wrote.

What a bunch of wusses in our society, that someone making that kind of general statement makes people freak out.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why would it be jarring to anyone that knows anything about history?

I'm not freaking out about it, but it seems stupid to point out

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

No dumber than anyone getting riled up about someone else saying someone "may" be rubbed the wrong way.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

It just seems like a really dumb thing to say. Way dumber than pointing out that a dumb thing was said

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have to disagree with the assessment in the article. There were plenty of women in the movie. They were just doing women-type stuff.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haven't seen it yet, but really want to. Even though you're making a joke, that's actually an interesting point, re: the difference in what women did then vs now.

I love historical stuff. I also get that history can rub people the wrong way. We are far more fair-minded and open to possibilities today then we were for most of human history.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I agree completely. I have no problem whatsoever with folks making arguments for accurate representation in film, etc. However, trying to recreate history in modern society's image runs completely counter to the former argument and extinguishes credibility.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I had similar thoughts while watching it, and considered how some of the roles seemed more menial but required dedication and courage just the same.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Read something the other day about how the new Spider-Man just plays lip service to racial diversity, but falls way short. Haven't seen it, but evidently has a pretty diverse group of high school buddies. However, the guy says Tony Stark, Peter Park, and the Vulture are all white, so not good enough.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Did you? Or did you hear someone say or see someone write that there is a article that says that?

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know. I just believe what Rush Limbaugh tells me to believe.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Me too

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Those people are stupid.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cool people do what Hannity tells them to.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I will have to wait on Alex Jones to weigh in on what the globalists' intentions are with this narrative before I have an opinion.