Already came.....The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Oct 5, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It is pretty good

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I saw the movie "Spotlight" last month. Excellent.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

3 billboards was incredible.
    Thank You For Your Service pisses me off and reminds me how bad previous administrations and govt [uck fay]ed over our vets.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I finished Ready Player One and immediately went out and got the movie.

I am halfway through, and trying to figure out how to get a refund from RedBox.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep. The book was orders of magnitude better than the movie. Wasn't necessarily a bad film, but veered badly from the book.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Never read the book but enjoyed the movie. Appreciated the tidal wave of nostalgic video game references more than anything else.

7. fl0at_

Read the book. Then appreciate any other author would have turned it into a trilogy.

Then watch the movie again and realize any other director would have rebooted.

8. fl0at_

Veered really badly.

gcbvol likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I didn't make it through the "race" that replaced the Tomb of Horrors. Laughed and turned it off.

10. fl0at_

Then you missed T.J. Miller playing the part of mercenary fixer I-R0K.

Because that movie needed T.J Miller.

gcbvol likes this.
  11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm reading it now. And by reading it, I mean I read about 12 pages and someone bothers me. But I do like it so far, thank you for recommending it, I can't remember who right now

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I liked the movie, so I'm glad I didn't read the book. I won't fault you guys for crapping on what's a pretty decently entertaining movie. I'm still pissed over the Ender's Game adaptation a few years back, and someone tell me how, in over a century of cinema, there hasn't been a great movie made out of Frankenstein.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Frankenstein was in Van Helsing, which one the Oscar for best movie ever made.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Frankenstein is one of the greatest novels ever written. And being raised on the old movies, it was a shock at how different it was.

And I don't want to appear I was crapping on the RPO movie simply because it deviated from the book. I understand the need to adapt for different mediums. But it was just another mindless chase scene to me and just didn't look like it was going to be my type of movie.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We all know that is BS.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The movie isn't great, but it's a nice escape for a couple of hours. It helped that I told the kids mostly how it was going to play out within the first 5-10 minutes of the movie. It wasn't a spoiler for them because they didn't get the reference.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The Frankenstein thing. I was so pumped for the Kenneth Branagh adaptation back in the 90s, and it was a hot mess. I don't even remember how specifically. All I think about when I remember it, is that silly scene that was added in with the lightning bolt in the middle of the circle of people. At least the ones since then have tipped their hand on being crap in the trailers. A couple of the older films are decent, but too many are just monster flicks. Frankenstein is possibly my favorite novel.

18. fl0at_

Now you can read the book, and not be disappointed in the movie.

Spoiler, there is no race where you just go backwards.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

warhammer likes this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That was a bit dumb. I watched it with my kids in a deserted theater. There may have been a few folks back towards the back. We openly made fun of parts of it. This was probably the worst. We all agreed that surely someone, for as long as that race had been going on, had thought to go backwards out of frustration if nothing else. I love taking my teens to the movies like that. They are well behaved in a crowd but put the three of us in a deserted cinema, and it turns into MST 3000.

Edit: This only works when the wife stays home. She does not approve.