Any Hoops Recruits You Have Questions About?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Aug 25, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think I'm going to go ahead and tell all the Cat fans I know that an unnamed source met with a recruiting guru who told him that Poythress had no interest in UK and that he only lists them because WT Young is funneling money through WWWes.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If it helps, the AAU guy I talked to about Martin going ahead and starting to focus on '13 and '14 thinks Poythress will go to Vanderbilt or Florida. My gut says he'll got to Vanderbilt or Duke.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Not recruiting related, but if you had to guess, how long will it be before Tennessee's steadily back in the mix as a top 15ish program?

4. hatvol96

If Martin succeeds, three years. If he fails, five. UT won't go cheap on the next hire. They can't.

5. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Amazing how many different ways coaches are connected... pretty small community once you know a few people.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hat, what do you think about this?

Apparently came from VolQuest

7. hatvol96

I certainly think getting a clean bill of NCAA health helps Martin's efforts. I think it will be too little, too late to get Stokes.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What all does into recruiting a bball recruit from the coach's perspective? How does the system/process work?

9. cotton

It does help a little.

10. hatvol96

To be honest, I'm not sure why UK fans are that jacked about Poythress. Cal is in good shape for multiple guys I consider better prospects.

11. cotton

They are jacked about anybody who has ever listed UK as an interest. I'm still owed a couple of hundred bucks from a Tim Thomas bet.

12. cotton

Yes, and I'm not planning my retirement around payment.

13. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

We'll find out today- last night zagsblog was saying Seton Hall or UCLA. I was hoping Florida so we could see him play in person.

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Good call hat, Anderson to UCLA.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Pretty much what I have heard. His HS coach was my HS coach.

16. hatvol96

Poyjthress cuts Duke. It's down to Florida, Memphis, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt.

17. hatvol96

Hearing a bunch of Poythress to Kentucky talk today.

18. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Does Kentucky get every guy they go after? Literally every one? Just seems Cal has bagged pretty much all of them since he's been there.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The guy is a recruiting monster that's for sure, however he gets it done.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Unquestionably. He's the best there has ever been.